It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
(male)

m1zen HB User
Unhappy Baggy Dark Under & Around Eyes/Rashes on Face

Hello everyone.

About 8 months ago, I started dealing with my first occurrences of allergic reactions. It's a very long story but to sum it up the best way I can, it's mainly been ezcema. I have gone to see a allergist and they did tests on what I'm allergic to from inhalants to foods. I have been on prednisone numerous of times but currently I seem to have everything under control except for some leftover things. Daily I take Claritin (now switched to Claritin from Zyrtec) and Zantac (recommended by my doctor) and I also started using a humidifier which has helped to some degree with breathing, less sneezing etc. I have been on and off a allergy gluten free diet which has helped very minimally. I have also been using daily Aveeno's Eczema Therapy cream to keep my eczema outbreaks and itching on my arms, face, and other areas at bay and it works very well.

The two main things I have is: 1. Increased puffiness or bagginess under and around my eyes with it being more dark. I use the Aveeno cream to alleviate the itching and it has helped. 2. Two rashes spots on my face (side of forehead, and side of my right eye.) that don't itch anymore but have just been leftover from the past months.

Currently I just found some hydrocortisone spray to use on the rashes on my face for the first time so I don't know whether or not it will get rid of the rashes.

I'm just wondering how should I treat the increased puffiness around and under my eyes because I haven't done anything or know of anything to do to treat it. I haven't had it this bad at any point in my life. What can I use or do to get rid of the rashes on my face? Will the hydrocortisone spray work?

Thanks,
Daniel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
(female)

Kimesie HB UserKimesie HB UserKimesie HB User
Re: Baggy Dark Under & Around Eyes/Rashes on Face

Some things that might help are: 1. Take vitamin c 3-5 grams plus niacinamide 500mg morning and evening. This can have an effect within half an hour, but it doesn't work if your allergen exposure is too high so if it doesn't seem to help you should do number 2. Check for other food allergies; if you are sensitive to 3 things and you only eliminate one of them then the results are not very good. ELISA testing was helpful for my son. Or you could just eliminate the most common allergens for 4 days and see if it helps. (dairy, gluten, eggs, nuts, corn) 3. Try oil of oregano P73. Usually you see a miniscule dose recommended, like 2 drops, but I think that 10 drops (put it into an empty capsule to avoid the nasty taste!) several times a day is better. Take with food.

I want to mention that I have seen the vitamin c plus niacinamide work very quickly on a boy who was suffering from a grass allergy - he had the dark puffy eyes, just like you, and he was languishing in a chair while all the other boys were running around. After half an hour he was up playing with the other boys in the grass and having a great time.

Last edited by Kimesie; 05-15-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
(male)

m1zen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimesie View Post
Some things that might help are: 1. Take vitamin c 3-5 grams plus niacinamide 500mg morning and evening. This can have an effect within half an hour, but it doesn't work if your allergen exposure is too high so if it doesn't seem to help you should do number 2. Check for other food allergies; if you are sensitive to 3 things and you only eliminate one of them then the results are not very good. ELISA testing was helpful for my son. Or you could just eliminate the most common allergens for 4 days and see if it helps. (dairy, gluten, eggs, nuts, corn) 3. Try oil of oregano P73. Usually you see a miniscule dose recommended, like 2 drops, but I think that 10 drops (put it into an empty capsule to avoid the nasty taste!) several times a day is better. Take with food.

I want to mention that I have seen the vitamin c plus niacinamide work very quickly on a boy who was suffering from a grass allergy - he had the dark puffy eyes, just like you, and he was languishing in a chair while all the other boys were running around. After half an hour he was up playing with the other boys in the grass and having a great time.
What exactly can I get from the store concerning Vitamin C and Niacinamide? Would I buy vitamin pills? And Niacinamide, how can I obtain that? I have looked that up and I'm not sure.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
(female)

Kimesie HB UserKimesie HB UserKimesie HB User

Are you in the USA? If you are then you can get them both at any store that sells a reasonable selection of vitamins, such as Fred Meyers, or most drug stores. Just look for 1000 mg (that's 1 gram) capsules of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and 500 mg capsules or tablets of niacinamide or you can take several 100mg capsules if that's all you can find. Plain niacin works, too, but it gives you a flush where you turn red like you have a blotchy sunburn and it tingles, but it goes away after about 1/2 hour and isn't harmful, just annoying. If you are using plain niacin you probably want to start with 200 mg and not 500mg because of the flush. 200 mg will probably be enough.

Last edited by Kimesie; 05-15-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
eyes, face, puffiness, rashes