It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

shanniesue2 HB User
what is going on?

I have never had any problems with allergies (aside from occasional seasonal allergy problems--very mild and not every year). I am 30 years old and this past february I got strep throat. First I went on amoxicillan and broke out in head-to-toe hives within an hour of taking the first dose. Then I went on erythromycin, and broke out in hives a day after starting that. Then she prescribed Avalox and I did okay for a couple of days and then broke out in hives again. They were awful... on the palms of my hands, in between my fingers and just every where. Got a steroid shot and took zyrtec and singulair every day till it went away. Stopped taking any abx for that infection. So things cleared up for a month or two, and then I started having hives again on an almost daily basis. I get them under my waist band if I don't wear yoga pants. I get them under my bra line. In the mornings I frequently wake up with them on the sides of my body, back of my neck, and my armpits. I just saw my doc last week for the almost daily hives. Then on Monday, I had a reaction about 30 minutes after eating lunch (I'm a teacher and was on an out of town field trip), and my bottom lip started swelling up and got itchy. My face felt tight, and I called my school nurse who instructed me to call 911. By the time the ambulance got there, I was flushing down my neck. I never developed problems breathing. They gave me IV benedryl and IV steroid. Went back to my family doc yesterday. She is doing a full allergy blood panel, prescribed an epipen, and is referring me to an allergist. Since last night, I have been feeling "foggy" and out of balance (not like I'm going to fall over... just "off kilter") and it's a whole body feeling. Not just my head. I also had an episode of diarrhea today (TMI, sorry). Could the way I'm feeling today have anything to do with the drugs they gave me on Monday? Could it be residule effects of whatever I ate that might still be in my system?
What do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

2HelpU HB User
Re: what is going on?

SHANNIESUE2 -

It appears something has triggered your body to start reacting to allergens that you obviously now have. It is possible that allergies can start from anything traumatic happening to your body or from a stressful event, etc. At first you may not fully understand the following information, but after reading and researching, you will soon
begin to appreciate its value to your life. My wife and I have used NAET very successfully for years to quickly test and non-invasively treat to eliminate our own allergies and it works wonders.

When you are consuming an allergen as in a particular food, it will not readily or at all be used by your body nor absorbed into your system because your Brain/Central nervous system will fight its energy from going deeper into your system. Usually until this particular food/substance item is treated by re-coding the Central nervous system to accept it, it will continue to be rejected by the body. I don't know why a particular food or seemingly harmless substance appears as a danger to one's body . . . we just know that it does and until this message changes, the body will continue to reject it and act against it. It's as if the brain doesn't recognize the energy of an allergen or foreign substance and it puts up a fight to avoid it and this can cause all sorts of symptoms and manifestations and blockages in the body's energy channels that normally isn't there in asymptomatic individuals as their energies are free to flow normally to all the organs and tissues of the body.

Also when you do unknowingly consume an allergen, the fight your body puts up against it does not usually go away immediately, but can linger on and on for days or years in extremely sensitive people. Thus if you aren't aware exactly what is an allergen to your own body and what isn't, you can get into a real problem as you continue to unknowingly consume frequent allergens over and over again. Thus some allergy reaction problems can actually accelerate and turn into full blown illnesses and diseases over time. Added to that are all the prescriptions and medications people take to try to control just their symptoms AND what happens if you are allergic to any of those too . . . you now have a compounded problem that usually just makes everything worse and can then even be fatal or make you feel like it is.

In your present case above, one or more of those medications you can be allergic to, your waist band and bra line hives/rashes can possibly be caused by those medications or a new allergy to elastic or the material in your bra and waist line belt. The foggy feeling or lack of mental concentration you mention is a common allergy symptom so that could also be caused by one or a combination of those medications or just being around a specific allergen, whether it be a specific chemical smell that your brain immediately picks up and reacts to or etc. Allergies and their symptoms do take some detective work to figure out sometimes.

I would highly recommend looking at the following information for today's 21 century methods of self-allergy testing and allergy elimination in addition to what your doctor tries to help you with. You will soon learn what will work for you and what won't. For instance, you can now accurately and quickly test for an allergen by yourself or with another person by using MRT (muscle response testing) to any food, chemical, environmental or substance that you want so you will know if it is an allergen or not.
In the case of a medication or food, you will immediately know if it is an allergen or not and whether you can consume it without consequences or not. If it shows as an allergen, you can have it quickly treated to eliminate the allergy to it so your body can use it once again as friendly energy instead of fight so hard against it as an allergen.
If you can learn these methods and do your own detective work, you will be able to make allergy testing and elimination much more time and cost effective . . . plus you will gain so much more knowlege and health benefits almost immediately . . . and just think what you will be able to teach your present and future students.

so many people are now being helped with many serious symptoms alleviated and ourselves (myself at 65 and wife at 57) being part of that for the past 10 years as we now understand it and how to quickly test and non-invasively treat for allergy elimination and then watch the symptoms and manifested problems from these allergies mostly just disappear. NAET is not a hard science, but a blend of allotropic, oriental, kinesiology, and chiropractic We just can't believe that the world doesn't already know about this seemingly miraculous technique. Anyway we believe that all doctors and pharmacists are going to need to learn at least thru MRT (muscle response testing) how to instantly test a patient for an allergen to a prescribed or recommended medication or drug before it is even dispensed to them while some doctors are already learning the treatment for the allergy elimination as opposed to the older conventional methods of injection or avoidance which offered no promises.

DAD

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-01-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Yes, strong allergy medicines can make you feel foggy, especially Benadryl. And having allergic reactions to antibiotics is no fun, believe me I know!

Hopefully the blood panel will shed some light on the cause of your symptoms. Meanwhile, daily antihistamines should at least help control the problem for now.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
(female)

shanniesue2 HB User

So the blood tests showed no food allergies, but was positive for environmental (although she didn't say what). It also showed an elevated wbc count. But I don't feel sick. So?????

Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Blood tests are best for food allergies. A skin scratch test is best for environmental ones. You don't hav to be "sick" to have allergies. The hives, brain fog, etc are symptoms of environmental allergies. Go see an allergist and get the skin test.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
(female)

shanniesue2 HB User

but what about the lip swelling/face tingling/face and neck flushing reaction that I had the other day? 30 minuites after eating, two hours out of town????

Old 05-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Depending on what you ate, and you haven't told us that, it could have been OAS - oral allergy syndrome, or a reaction to a food that is related to an environmental allergy - such as, people who are allergic to birch trees often are allergic to hazelnuts. Since there was no swelling, that is a good sign. You've got an epi pen and you should also carry liquid benedryl with you until you can get proper allergy testing. Hope this helps.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

2HelpU HB User

Would Not recommend a skin or scratch test.

You've already been recommended or prescribed to carry an epi-pen so they must suspect you had or were close to Anaphalactic Shock. Skin tests just inject substances under the skin and a substance you are allergic to could start that all over again.

If you are in an area where there is a NAET practitioner close or someone who can test via MRO as mentioned above, that will be one of the most accurate ways to test and it is immediate without waiting.

2HelpU

Old 05-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
(female)

shanniesue2 HB User

I ate greek yogurt mixed with strawberry jam, a granola bar, a banana, and a bottle of water.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Since she had no breathing problems and it was her PCP who prescibed the epi pen before even getting results of the testing, I doubt a skin scratch test will cause problems, esp since it will be done in an allergist's office. I'm voting for something up with the fruits she ate but it could have been anything - including the lipstick or make up she wore..if any. I'd just stay away from those particular foods until you can get proper testing.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
(female)

shanniesue2 HB User

I'm still voting for something food, as well. I don't wear makeup... so it couldn't have been that.

Closed Thread