It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
(male)

mazdaspeed3 HB User
Grapefruit Allergy??

Hello,

I've been experiencing shortness of breath for about a week now. Went to the ER and everything showed up fine (blood test results, chest X-ray). The doctor sent me home saying everything was fine and after experiencing this discomfort for 2 days the shortness of breath went away. After another 4-5 days it came back and the only thing i can pin point in common was having a grapefruit the night before.

I am planning to visit an allergist, but was wondering has anyone else experienced something like this? Its not soo severe that I can't breath at all, however it's just annoying coz i keep thinking about it.

Thanks,

Old 05-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Grapefruit Allergy??

Food allergies can cause shortness of breath, although they usually also cause symptoms like swelling lips, hives or digestive upset.

It could be your shortness of breath was caused by something else entirely, but for now, try avoiding grapefruit and see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Grapefruit Allergy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaspeed3 View Post
... the only thing i can pin point in common was having a grapefruit the night before.

I am planning to visit an allergist, but was wondering has anyone else experienced something like this?
Grapefruit can interact badly with various medications. Are you on any medications?

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Closed Thread