It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User
Natural Cure or Alternatives for Allergies?

Hi all

Just wondering if any of you allergy sufferers found any natural cures to help alleviate your allergies. I was reading up on Braggs apple cider vinegar, nettle, and other herbs. I would love to know what you tried and did this help you. My next step is allergy shots but I was hoping to avoid them...

My allergies:
dogs (own 1)
cats (own 2)
dust mites
2 different species of weeds
almost all molds

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Natural Cure or Alternatives for Allergies?

Nope - never had any luck with them. Shots, zyrtec...that's my regimen off and on for the last 55 years...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

2HelpU HB User

There sure is a good alternative method of testing and treating for allergies today. The newer method involves 'energy medical technology' and is holistic in technique, but it works wonders and constantly amazes people how it can relieve symptoms and eliminate allergies.

If there are people who don't agree with this or who are afraid of kinesiology or holistic techniques then that is no doubt because they haven't tried it or haven't used it properly or just plain don't understand it.
Since you are allergic to cats and dogs, you can NAET test and treat for these and your other known allergies ... and if treated correctly, you should immediately become insensitive to the allergen without further allergy symptoms and be able to use or be around them finally. NAET does have a recommended protocol to follow in treating, but you can read about that in some of the books.
We have used these methods for 10 years and they work marvelously for us. We don't rely on any of the older methods such as shots or injections as there is no guarantee on those, even after five years ... and you can even become allergic to the precipitate in the injection as I did while your health then becomes compromised.

2HelpU

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-01-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
(female)

Kimesie HB UserKimesie HB UserKimesie HB User

One thing that can help is 500 mg of niacinamide along with 3-5 grams of vitamin c twice a day. Easy to do.

Sometimes a food allergy is combined with another allergen and the person never realizes that if they stop eating a certain food their symptoms will improve. For instance, my husband has asthma when he is exposed to pollen AND dairy, but not from dairy alone or from pollen alone. You might try cutting out some of the common food allergens for 4 or 5 days to see if it makes a difference. (gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, but it could be anything)

Old 05-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

2HelpU HB User

When you have allergies, and most people do somewhere along the line, you need to know how to test for it. Immediate testing by using MRO or muscle response testing makes a lot of sense because it is accurate and immediate. You will know right away if your muscle strength is weak or strong in the presence of any substance and then know if it is a probable allergen or not.
Now if someone tells you to take Vitamin C or niacinamide as in your previous post,, how do you know that you are not allergic to it because if you are, your body won't readily use nor absorb it and then try to block it from going deeper into your system ... thus NAET theory. If you don't want to believe that, then continue eating allergens and you will not like the results nor the symptoms and the possible future illnesses produced by its continual use when it remains an allergen. So why take a chance on an allergen when you can know immediately when it's in your hand if you are probably allergic to it or not. And as you say, there are also combinations of foods that can be allergens when combined together, but not necessarily when tested singly.
Kimesie, your husband has a good chance of conquering his asthma if you'll pay attention to my above post. The protocol for NAET prefers you to use a NAET practitioner for the first 10 or 15 basics, but you can learn the treatment process after awhile if you want as it does become less cost-effective to have a practitioner treat for all of your allergens if you discover you have a bunch. You've been on this site since 2009 and you haven't discovered this yet? Maybe it hasn't been presented to you yet . . .
I am trying to understand why this very successful NAET technique is not talked about more or at all on these sites when there are so many people suffering that can be helped by it.

2HelpU

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-01-2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Please do not list unapproved Internet website(s). Thanks!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
(female)

Kimesie HB UserKimesie HB UserKimesie HB User

My husband already conquered his asthma. He did it by cutting out dairy products. When he was only eating a little bit of dairy, the vitamin c and niacin helped a lot, but with no dairy he doesn't have asthma.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kimesie For This Useful Post:
BlueCrush1983 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 03:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I've been able to reduce and improve my allergic/asthma reactions by doing SLIT ( Sublingual Immunotherapy) in the privacy of my own home. SLIT has been used for quite a while in Europe to immunize allergy sufferers by placing drops of doctor-prescribed allergen under the patient's tongue. More recently, SLIT has become more commonly used in the US. The most common, standard allergy-immunization in the US is SCIT (Subcutaneous Immunotherapy), which involves injecting allergens under the skin.

I've tried my own version of SLIT at home using my own derived allergen doses under my tongue and under my cheek. Some allergens seemed to work very well, and lessened my allergies, but others didn't. Overall, I am quite pleased!

If interested in reading about my SLIT experience, please read my thread: Anyone else had at-home Sublingual Immunotherapy (SLIT) for their allergies?, link: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/allergies/871762-anyone-else-had-home-sublingual-immunotherapy-slit-their-allergies.html

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 06-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
BlueCrush1983 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
(female)

fly7 HB User

so this isn't for the examples you asked as I don't have any experience with that. But I did get rid of food allergies and there is now some research with some good results that claims to get rid of/improve allergies. I don't know much about it but my dad told me and it made sense to how i got rid of mine.

I had good allergies, that would cause swollen lips, and stopping breathing.
I had to keep food diaries, work out what I was allergic to and then cut it out. it was a preservative so in a LOT of food!

I cut it out for ages but then at parties all the food I would be allergic to so I started eating it. I would start with a small sausage roll (party size) and my lips would hurt (which was the warning sign) so I would stop. Gradually I ate more and more and eventually got rid of almost all my allergies.

I went through a stage of not eating and when I started eating again, some allergies came back.

The research my dad said has seen done and has experienced does this... completely cut it out and then gradually reintroduce it. I wouldn't recommend doing it like I did as eating something that could stop you breathing isn't a good thing....but as a kid thats what you do sometimes, but might be worth looking into this research.

Closed Thread