It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

TuberoseGirl HB User
Esinophilliac esophigitis

Hi all, my 13 year old son has been diagnosed with this disease and we are still in the process of trying to figure out what is causing his allergies. Skin ***** and RAST tests were negative and we are seeing an allergist in august for the patch test. Meanwhile, he is not eating well and lost a lot of weight. He's had two endocopies in the past year and we have put him on an elimination diet. We are also going to try the elemental formula to support his diet. Does anyone else have a child with this disease and of so, how are you managing it and what food allergies does your child have? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Esinophilliac esophigitis

Hi some doctors and health professionals suggest a health diary. Symptoms are recorded after eating and what was eaten. One doctor said the pulse tends to increase after eating something one is allergic to. Peace sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
(male)

Sportdan30 HB User

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I'm assuming his esophogus is inflamed? Our son, who is 10 now was diagnosed with Esinophilliac esophigitis over a year and a half ago. They did skin testing as well, and ultimately our Allergist suggested an elimination diet. What we found is that he had an allergy to eggs. He's had one endoscopy a year later, and the inflammation is all gone. So, it does seem to have helped, but of course it was a little challenging in the beginning. He already has an allergy to nuts. So, two food allergies made it that much more difficult.

I hope you are able to find out what the cause is. The last thing you want is for this to be an ongoing problem which can cause worse problems in the future.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, be sure to keep us updated.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi they do say that Candida Albicans is a cause of allergies. Eggs and meat slow down digestion to some extent making it easier for fermentation to take place, and therefore gas with belching and possible gas up the esophagous with a bit of stomach acid with it, in at least some cases. Eggs may also have germs of their own from the birds. Meat may also carry germs. One source at least suggests that some germs are not destroyed by heat or freezing. Additionally many junk foods, sweets and desserts tend to feed Candida and are not suggested if one suffers with allergy. sjb

Last edited by sjb; 05-30-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: additions made

Closed Thread