swollen lips... is it an allergic reaction? to what?!
last night, my lips swelled up and begin leaking a clear/yellowish liquid. they were puffy and sore. this morning, they crusted over a bit and stopped leaking, and the swelling is going down. this happened a few weeks ago as well. it seems like an allergic reaction (i went to the doc and he said it didnt look like cold sores, because there are no actual sores forming). i dont have any food allergies and im not using any new products. the only thing that has changed in my life is the person im dating lol. he uses blistex, and ive read online that some people are allergic to that, and when they come in contact with it they have reactions similar to mine. should i just assume that is what mine is and ask him to stop using it? or should i worry its something else, like cheilitis or lip eczema? what can i do to help my lips unswell?
here is a pic of what they looked like when they first swelled up and started leaking: