It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

nicole52 HB User
Red face allergies

I'm not sure if this is allergies something else, so hoping for some responses. this has went on for approx 2 years, it started with both my inner ears and throat itching, mainly on the right side of my throat and ear. I went to my doctor about it and he said he didn't see anything in my ears that would be causing them to itch, my throat was reddish looking, not sore though, he prescribed lozenges thinking it was thrush, this did not do anything . now to the really weird thing, my right nipple itches also, it has ever since all this started, I had a mammogram, nothing was found, breasts are fine, but on occasion, my right breast will get a golf sized reddish looking spot on it and start itching also, it will continue to spread around my entire breast and itch profusely, red, itching and feel like it has raised bumps on it, I have tried fungal creams, hydrocortisone creams and finally white vinegar on it, after a couple of weeks or so, it will start to go away and everything will subside except for the itching on my nipple, any suggestions as to what it could be, I'm running out of options, so far this year I have not gotten the rash around my breast, but I do still have the itchy throat, ears and nipple. thank you for listening. Oh I do take 2 or 3 benadryl tablets every night when I go to bed, it seems to help some with the itching but not that much.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: allergies

It could be some kind of allergic reaction. I sometimes get itchy throat and ears from pollen season. Or, it could be a food or cosmetic product or almost anything.

You could see an allergist. That would probably be the best person to track down the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
nicole52 (06-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

ArcticWolf HB User

Ohai there!

Well, allergic reactions can present themselves in various ways. My allergic reaction to peanuts shows itself in a flu-like virus, which is quite rare. The fact that it is an irritation in the throat definitely increases the likelihood that it could possibly be an allergy.

You are stepping in the right direction by speaking with your doctor. Once they figure out what it is, they can help you fix whatever your problem, no matter if its an allergy or not. I'd recommend that you consider getting some allergy tests done too.

Also, if you thinking it is an allergy, discovering the irritant is key. Make that the point of your focus. Or even if its just something mildly bugging you, you can avoid it then.

Best of luck and hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by ArcticWolf; 06-10-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
(female)

nicole52 HB User
Question Re: allergies

thank you so much for sending me your thoughts, I think I will look for an allergist, do you know, would I have to get a referral from my family doctor first to see one?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Whether or not you need a referral depends on your insurance. But even if you don't need the referral, your family doctor can probably help you find a good allergist.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
(female)

MeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole52 View Post
thank you so much for sending me your thoughts, I think I will look for an allergist, do you know, would I have to get a referral from my family doctor first to see one?
It depends on what kind of insurance you have. You could ask the Allergist when you call.

Closed Thread