Very strange - piercing allergies, plastic?
I have a very obvious allergy to nickel in my ear piercings (all of them) but have off and on been able to wear some metals other than nickel in my first piercings, the ones in the fatty part of the lobes.
Anything higher up at all has never healed properly, got infected, and even when reopened and trying again, would not tolerate ANY metal, period. So I don't even think about decorating those any more.
Well...I am so sad at not being able to wear earrings (I've been sensitive to every metal lately even in my lobe piercings; even niobium and titanium haven't worked). I heard about plastic earrings and I bought some. They are made entirely of plastic except for the faux "gem"/crystal. There is NO metal on the product of any kind, at all.
Well...I put them into my lobes. And that was fine. But the holes ABOVE the lobes, all my cartilage piercings, are hot and sensitive...just like an allergic reaction! Remember, there are NO earrings in these particular holes, plastic or otherwise.
I don't really feel the sensitivity in the actual holes where the plastic earrings are.
Am I just nuts?? I mean...is this psychosomatic? Or could my upper piercings be "reacting" to the presence of "just something" somewhere near them? This is so frustrating. Thanks for any help.