It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
(male)

marte79 HB User
Question Very depressed

At the age of 18 and in college, I've had to quit doing poetry, quit student government, am not able to socialize with friends, am unable to go to the threatre or any other indoor activity. This is all due to my post nasal drip. I literally have to spit up every 1-5 minutes. Sometimes I'll need to excuse myself just to go to the bathroom to spit it all up. I am unable to talk for long because my voice gets really gargled. I've had this for about 2 years now and it is driving me to the brink of wanting to rip out my throat -.-.

I'm an 18 year old male, good health, eats healthy, goes to the gym everyday, and is an aspiring social work/health major. I've been to the doctors and ENT many many times but there seems to be nothing they can do. They can do brain surgery, but not fix nasal drip.
Here is what I have tried:
-Quercetin
-bromelain
-NAC
-Benedryl
-Doctor: "We have tried every nasal steroid and antihistamine on you"
-Elimiting dairy completely from my diet
-Bug/allergy proof'ed my bed
-Turbinate Reduction surgery
-Gargling salt water
-Nedi pot and nose squirt bottles
-Ginger tea
-Licorice tea
-Lemon juice
-Honey
-Went on a chicken and rice diet only. (not allergic to any foods)
-Allergy testing - Everything is OK
-Zyrtec
-Claritin

If there is anyone or anything to try, PLEASE let me know.

Thank you,
-Victor

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
re: Very depressed

Have you tried allergy testing, shots, use of sudafed, etc.?

Last edited by Administrator; 06-11-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Have you been tested for acid reflux? You can have reflux without "heartburn" and acid can be one trigger for PND.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
(male)

marte79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainReader View Post
Have you been tested for acid reflux? You can have reflux without "heartburn" and acid can be one trigger for PND.
I don't think I do. None of my doctors have ever mentioned it to me.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
(female)

love63367 HB Userlove63367 HB Userlove63367 HB User

Please read my post, I also have severe post nasal drip and am desperately searching for a solution!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I have allergies and acid reflux, so think I can help. When first diagnosed with acid reflux, the dr. put me on one pill and that did not work, so he told me to take it twice a day. I searched on the Internet for something to help me and found a product that is made strictly of aloe vera. Have been on it for a number of years and threw the pills away. Was not able to even drink a cup of coffee and now I can have it in the morning. So, if acid reflux is your problem, it can be helped. I told someone else about this and he has had the same results.

Closed Thread