It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
(male)

davem1984 HB User
Someone help me please!

Hello, sorry for the very desperate title but I'm really hoping someone can help me.

For as long as I can remember I have had this horrible pain around my eyes, I had 1 year free from it around 2 years ago. (the best year of my life!)

I believe it still to be my sinuses. It was around 3 weeks ago I had septoplasty, polyp removal and my sinuses cleaned out. Initially my head felt great, my face was very sore so cannot be sure but I think the headache had gone. That lasted around 5 hours then came straight back.

I know I'm allergic to household dust mites and do everything I can to avoid contact with them. I'm quite sure I don't get enough exposure to cause my symptoms.

It really is unbearable, I try to live a good life - I have a great family, job. Everything I could ever want but feel so depressed over this feeling. I cannot drive because my vision is affected, I don't to leave the house unless I have
to.

Any advise is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dave.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Someone help me please!

What does your surgeon say? it seems a little soon for any full recovery aftr all that....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
(male)

davem1984 HB User

Hi, thanks for your reply. I haven't been able to see the surgeon as he is on annual leave until the end of this month.

I know what you mean and did expect that reply, it's just how it has got worse over the past couple of weeks. I was told after the op I could fly within 1 week and had to cancel my work trip to Taiwan I was supposed to go yesterday. (I have had some horrible experiences with flying)

I was given antibiotics that have finished today, I don't think they have had any affect.

My nose is completely clear and I can breath better than ever, I also used to wake up every morning with blood in my mouth. (this has now stopped).

So it's just the headaches, pain in my ears and constant eye infections to deal with now.

Thanks

Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

HAve you taken any antihistamines? There is really no way to get rid of all dust mites.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
(male)

davem1984 HB User

Nope no antihistamines, I'm not sure what to take? I have taken all sorts previously with no effect, do you think they could be more effective now I have had the op?

Yea I know I haven't got rid of them all, just trying my best to keep my house spotless - no clutter etc.. Just following the usual advice.

It's so hard to follow these routines especially as I'm not seeing any positive results.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Have you tried zyrtec (cetirizine)? Highly recommend it. Try it at night at first as some folks say it makes them drowsy but most people don't have that side effect. And keeping the house spotless is a good start but you should also bag your mattress and pillows, get rid of any carpet in the bedroom also. You might even for a really cheap try give a benedryl at bedtime a try. IF that helps, then you know it's allergy related.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
davem1984 (06-14-2012)
Closed Thread