It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
(male)

JustCub HB User
Exclamation Allergies-Swelling eyes

Hi, I am 26 yr old male, and for several years I have battled seasonal allergies. They only seem to get worse yearly. My main problem, is during hayfever season, when grass is pollenating, for about 2 weeks every year, my eyes swell completely shut, and end up damaging my eye, aswell as getting what appears to be conjunctivitis. I am tired of seeing ophthalmologists yearly around this time, and having my eyes patches and laying in bed. I have tried everything I can think of. Oral allergy mediciations, reactine, allegra, claritin, benadryl, chlortripilon, aerius, you name it, I've tried it. Even double doses don't help. Tried several eye drops and none work either. Zaditor being the most recent. Nasal sprays aswell, and I have even been on allergy shots. Nothing seems to phase this burden I carry, and I was hoping someone, somewhere, knows something about what will help. I cannot continue to have this effect me year after year in and around June/July. I cannot expect employers to just have me gone for weeks because my eyes are swollen shut. The best I have been able to do, to slow the process of it happening is to use a fusidic acid viscous eye drop when I goto bed, and patch my eyes. This is the first year I have tried this continuously before they get too bad. I have been lucky so far, the swelling has been minor and hasn't damaged my eyes yet, but there has to be another wayvto prevent it so they don't even try to swell on their own. The drops won't last forever, and surely it can't be good for your eyes to experience this sort of discomfort and abuse to begin with. I literally have layers peel off my eye ball. You can see while looking in the mirror thatvthe cornea and iris of the eye ball literally go cloudy and layers come off. Hasn't happened yet this year due to my treatments I have been giving them, however they are trying very hard tonight, to swell shut on me, and I don't even touch them! Of anyone knows anything, I would greatly appreciate hearing your input. Every ide is worth trying at this point. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Allergies-Swelling eyes

Have you tried any of the "beauty" solutions: sliced cucumbers on eyelids, cotton pad dipped in withc hazel, ice packs?

Old 06-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Allergies-Swelling eyes

Have you tried irrigating your nose? that helps me and I have HORRIBLE allergies. You can buy a saline solution at your pharmacy, which is not expensive and it is safe to use in the nose. Just give it the college squirt and it may help, but you will have to do it more than once. That helps get rid of whatever is in your nasal passages, which can definitely effect the eyes.

Closed Thread