It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

Sharjen HB User
Can't eat anymore!!

Not sure whats causing it- even the doctors not sure if it's allergy or anxiety- every time I eat I'm itching for hours on end- it doesn't matter what I eat it always happens. This has been for the past few days but it's driving nuts- just had liver and kidneys checked and they're ok- I've had a few medication allergies lately just hoping it hasn't turned to food.anyone had this??
Any suggestions??

Old 07-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Can't eat anymore!!

Well, if it's anything you eat, it's probably not an allergy. Have you tried antihistamines?

Also, some medications, such as narcotic painkillers, can cause itching that has nothing to do with allergies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
(female)

Sharjen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Well, if it's anything you eat, it's probably not an allergy. Have you tried antihistamines?

Also, some medications, such as narcotic painkillers, can cause itching that has nothing to do with allergies.
I'm not currently on any medication- and the last few times I was given antihistamines they haven't releaved itching- doc has said allergy every time but this time as it happened when I ate toast which I eat every morning now she just doesn't know

Old 07-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Well, you could just have a blood test for food allergies. They can test a lot of foods at once, and then you'll know for sure.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
(female)

Sharjen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Well, you could just have a blood test for food allergies. They can test a lot of foods at once, and then you'll know for sure.
I'm currently waiting for allergy testing because I need to know for sure it's driving me mad- I just don't want to eat- thanks for your help

Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

As janewhite1 said, if it is happening with multiple foods, it is not likely an allergy. However I have seen and experienced systemic stress cause such symptoms.

I also have CFIDS/FM. Some years ago it seemed that I was allergic to all foods. In that case I think it was a number of systemic stressers, but the primary cause seemed to be a candida infection. It is not necessarily a GI ailment, but many things can cause GI reactions.

Some factors that can contribute would include:
- Anxiety (as your doc mentioned, but only you can determine whether this is viable).
- Celiac disease (gluten intolerance determined by a blood test)
- Wheat sensitivity (self-tested just by avoidance)
- Candida infection (bacterial imbalance in the gut treated with probiotics)
- Most anything else that imposes significant systemic stress.

This is probably not a complete list, but I know these can cause such symptoms.

Last edited by Rich775; 07-07-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
(female)

Sharjen HB User
Unhappy Re: Can't eat anymore!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRichards1957 View Post
As janewhite1 said, if it is happening with multiple foods, it is not likely an allergy. However I have seen and experienced systemic stress cause such symptoms.

I also have CFIDS/FM. Some years ago it seemed that I was allergic to all foods. In that case I think it was a number of systemic stressers, but the primary cause seemed to be a candida infection. It is not necessarily a GI ailment, but many things can cause GI reactions.

Some factors that can contribute would include:
- Anxiety (as your doc mentioned, but only you can determine whether this is viable).
- Celiac disease (gluten intolerance determined by a blood test)
- Wheat sensitivity (self-tested just by avoidance)
- Candida infection (bacterial imbalance in the gut treated with probiotics)
- Most anything else that imposes significant systemic stress.

This is probably not a complete list, but I know these can cause such symptoms.
What's systematic stress? Sorry to act really thick- funny you mention candida- I had oral thush overgrowth about a month ago due to prenisclone don't know if I've spelt that right-for an antibiotic allergy. I had to be given fluconazole but only managed to take it for 4 days as I became hypersensitive to it- I spoke to the doc about it causing all this as anxiety on the tablets was gone and since I've been off them it's been extreme but doc dismissed it saying it only really causes big probs in HIV or cancer patients any other info on this subject would be great- but I don't know what's worse allergy- anxiety or candida!? Ohhhh help me

Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
(female)

Sharjen HB User

And how on earth did you get over it? I'm petried of eating it doesn't help that I have a phobia about anaphalectic shock so allergies put me on hyper mode

Old 07-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

In my case it was relieved by taking a probiotic daily and eliminating all sugar (even fruit). I've tried a number of probiotics but have settled on a pharmaceutical grade product called Align. I noticed significant improvement within a week and then slower but steady improvement over months.

You can be particularly susceptible to bacterial imbalance (which means lack of the good bacteria in the gut) if you've been on multiple or long-term courses of antibiotics, as killing bacteria is their job and they kill both the good and the bad bacteria.

By "systemic stress" I mean any condition(s) that are bad enough to negatively affect your entire body. Fear, anxiety, most any disease, and some allergies all tax the entire body.

The following user gives a hug of support to Rich775:
Sharjen (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #10
(female)

Sharjen HB User

Ok thanks for the info- in going to try the probiotics - I don't intake a lot of sugar anyway so I won't really miss that

Old 07-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
(female)

sallysuedavis25 HB User

I could not eat for about 6mths, while taking Serequel. Had upper Edndosydopy & the Doctor, could not find anything wrong, not cancer, no tumor. I did indept research on the internet about the side affects of Serequel, and it caused difficulty swallowing, indigest, anorexia, indigestion, dry mouth. I drank water and ate saltine crackers for approx. 6mts. Lost from 160lbs down to 119lbs. New Doctor took me off of Serequel and now I can eat almost anything I want to. If you are on certain medicatins, you should do your research on the internet...

Old 07-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
(female)

Sharjen HB User

Oh my!! That's awful I bet you were worried sick!! I'm not on any meds but it is worrying me- my anxiety is up the wall because of it

The following user gives a hug of support to Sharjen:
sallysuedavis25 (07-07-2012)
Closed Thread