It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
(female)

jxxxxxx HB User
Life with allergies.

I was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at the age of 2 years when going into Anaphylactic Shock. Since then I have been diagnosed with allergies to dustmites, animal fur, white fish and banana. I carry an epipen with me everywhere I go.
Recently my allergies seem to have gotten worse resulting in me taking up to 5 anithistamines a day. Everything seems to trigger it especially dusts, perfumes/aftershaves, air fresheners etc. My eyes go bloodshot, my whole body itches, my nose blocks up, I get a sore throat etc.
Does anyone suffer in the same way? Found any medication that helps?
Around a month ago I suffered an anaphylactic shock which I still don't know what caused it. I did/ate all the same things I usually do. I had food at work around 5pm that I have eaten countless times before. My face started to itch mildly. I arrived home about 11pm where I used a facewipe and moisturiser that I use every night which is when my face swelled up with red lumps/hives, my throat closed up and I couldnt breathe. I am still baffled now as to what caused the reaction and it scares me a bit!

Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Life with allergies.

Sorry this is happening. Is there some reason you have not done allergy injections? It seems an up to date test - blood for food and skin scratch for environmental - and then injections would be the best course of action.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
(male)

JBeaner HB User

I am terribly sorry this is happening to you. Try eliminating dairy from your diet. Dairy is the cause for lots of allergies and illness.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Definitely, you need a new round of allergy testing. People's allergies change as they go through life. And allergy shots can help a lot. I've been on them for 2 years, and it's made a big difference.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

It sounds to me as if you may be allergic to chemicals such as perfumes, cleaning agents and the likes. The best thing for that is to rinse your nose two times a day with a saline solution.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
(female)

jxxxxxx HB User

Thanks for your replies everyone. I have booked myself in for allergy testing at the hospital as the last one I did was over 2 years ago so I should hopefully get to the root of the mystery allergy.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
(male)

shane474 HB User

If you have allergy in this stage , than you should now leave the product immediate. And you have to hardly care for that . Becoz according to an survey Peanut allergy affects 7 percent of brothers and sisters of persons with the allergy.

Closed Thread