It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
(female)

xCarolinax HB User
I am scared to eat i have severe food allergies to random foods but

the doctor says she thinks i am not allergic to food that i do not have anaphylaxis which is when ur throat swells up to the point that you can't breath and can die!!but its when i eat or drink something that these severe allergic reactions happen. She thinks i should see a neurologist because I do always experience numbness , the right side of my face goes numb each time my right hand always goes numb n sometimes my spine and whole arm goes numb!! these allergic reactions are so scary when they happen and they can happen at anytime. My last bad reaction was July 6,2012 on the train my throat completly closed i couldnt breath or talk my speech was slurred and my hands were all cramped up ..... help.... its very frustrating not knowing whats wrong with me and being afraid to eat everyday!!![/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I am scared to eat i have severe food allergies to random foods but

Have you had testing for food allergies? It is normally a blood test so there would be nothing to worry about with it. Also, have you looked at OAS (oral allergy syndrome)? That might also be a possibility for some things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Definitely. A blood test is the most conclusive way to identify food allergies. If that comes up negative, there might be something else going on.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
(female)

thekillers HB User

im having the same issue, i have been becoming allergic to everything i eat , i test positive to so many things, also have chronic hives and im scared to eat. ,i was living off of eggs and meat for a bit but now im reacting to that. dear lord help us!

Closed Thread