It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
(male)

snoopy33 HB User
Allergy causing anxiety and depression

Anyone find their allergies is affecting their mental state, with my allergies i feel more anxious and nervous and making me depressed. i even had trouble sleeping properly last night cause i was having nightmares Anybody have these problems with their allergies too. My allergies are so bad my symptoms are constant and my family think im a hypochondriac. Cant wait to start immunotherapy...

Old 07-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
(female)

jerseycupcake HB User
Re: Allergy causing anxiety and depression

I also have the same issue, I have an overactive defense mechanism towards allergens so there isnt much they can do. I have constant sinus pressure, stuffy nose, and headaches. It affects my sleep and my breathing which makes it affect my mood even more. It's like being in a constant state of just not feeling good. Im not sure if its related but I have nightmares as well. Just know you are not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Allergy causing anxiety and depression

Being in constant discomfort and never sleeping well can definitely affect someone's mental state.

For now, just keep doing the best you can to control it. Antihistamines every day, maybe a steroid nasal spray, wash the sinuses with saline morning and night.

Once you start the allergy shots, you won't see much immediately. It takes time for it to build up in your system. But next year will be much easier than this one.

Closed Thread