It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
(male)

cdia HB User
Itching skin (usually no redness)

I am not sure If I am in the correct place to post this so I apologize ahead of time.

For the last lets say 3 weeks or so, I have had an itching sensation at at times a slight feeling of burning on the back of both my hands and on the outsides of my forearms. Up until now there has been no redness visible. Earlier today I noticed small bumps going up my forearm but have recently disappeared. When I itch the area's I described above I get several red bumps (most likely form irritating the skin). However the itching sensation lingers on.

I have tried anti-itch creams, but they don't seem to be working, tried taking some allegra but I do not discern a great change in the symptoms.

Is this an allergic condition? Could this be shingles? Is there anything anyone can suggest that may take care of this issue as it is driving my nutz, but I do not want to go to the doctors if I don't need to.

Last edited by cdia; 07-30-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Itching skin (usually no redness)

Usually itching is a sign of allergy, but not always. If it is an allergy, Zyrtec or Benadryl might work better to provide at least temporary relief.

You could try eliminating possible triggers. If you wash your hands with antibacterial soap, stop and use something gentler. If you use hand lotion, consider switching brands. Consider anything else you put on your hands regularly, whether chemical or natural.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

MeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB User

You may want to take a trip to a Dermatologist and see if it's eczema. I had eczema in my inner arms for a while and had no idea what it was. It was very itchy and would sometimes show up with red bumps on my skin. The Dr said it was from my allergies but I think it can be caused by other things. I'm not entirely sure, I never really looked into it.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
(male)

where44 HB User

Dear one...I had it since last 15 years........visited nos. of doctors from all the fields allopathy, homeopathy, naturopathy, ayurvedic etc. etc........applied hundred of creams and lotion..........sometime got some relief but no cure cure....I tried Udo's choice oil blend just last month(just type udo's oil) and got some amazing results in just 20 days......That is all..!!

Jagat......Take care

PS. It contains blend of Omega 3-6-9 fatty acid...........!

PS-2. Please send me some flowers if you get some good positive results............!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdia View Post
I am not sure If I am in the correct place to post this so I apologize ahead of time.

For the last lets say 3 weeks or so, I have had an itching sensation at at times a slight feeling of burning on the back of both my hands and on the outsides of my forearms. Up until now there has been no redness visible. Earlier today I noticed small bumps going up my forearm but have recently disappeared. When I itch the area's I described above I get several red bumps (most likely form irritating the skin). However the itching sensation lingers on.

I have tried anti-itch creams, but they don't seem to be working, tried taking some allegra but I do not discern a great change in the symptoms.

Is this an allergic condition? Could this be shingles? Is there anything anyone can suggest that may take care of this issue as it is driving my nutz, but I do not want to go to the doctors if I don't need to.

Last edited by where44; 08-01-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: addition

Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
(male)

Waicthel HB User

I have itchy skin, and when i was little i had a mild case of eczema. i found if i take fish oil pills and put lubriderm sensitive skin lotion on after showers, my skin itchiness goes away.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
(male)

where44 HB User

Dear One...Fish oil pills also contains omega3 fatty acid, which is

helpful to the cure of eczema.............! Take care.......Jagat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waicthel View Post
I have itchy skin, and when i was little i had a mild case of eczema. i found if i take fish oil pills and put lubriderm sensitive skin lotion on after showers, my skin itchiness goes away.

Last edited by where44; 08-03-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Closed Thread