It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
(male)

helpjesse HB User
Skin allergy/Rash... please read

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to thank you everyone in advance for the comments, suggestion and for taking the time to read my situation.

About mid-June, I started to develop a rash, Iíve never been really allergic to anything also never had this type of this rash for this extended period of time. It started on my †chest, and on the inside part of arm above my armpit, it slowly moved on to other areas of my body, on† my lower back on, the back side of my rib cage, on my butt and behind my knees.

The rash would last about 15 mins with raised bumps and the skin would turn red. If I scratch the area the skin would raise, leaving the mark of †the scratch trail.†

I went to the doctors and suggested I had Hives, and prescribed †prednisone, I finished the medicine (although I missed one day dosage because I lost the pills) really did not really relieve any symptoms.

Iíve noticed that† I get same bumps on my wrist when I touch something Dusty or dirty. After about 15 mins they would disappear. Also After I take a Cold shower I notice my skin reacts, my chest , stomach area and rib cage turn red and a little itchy but then disappear. Iíve applied some aloe vera †on the skin directly which helps relieve the redness, bumps and itchiness.

As of today, my body hasnít really itched, but now as moved to the back of my head and neck, sometimes during the day, they back of my head gets really itchy Ö. One of my ears turns red and hot. My concern is that Iíve never had a anything last this long and I donít know what measures to take to find out what is wrong, or what things I should point out† to my doctor for him to diagnose me with the correct treatment.

Thank you all again. For the information and suggestions

Jesse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Skin allergy/Rash... please read

Some primary care doctors aren't very good at treating allergies. Make an appointment with a good allergist or dermatologist in your area. Until then, try an antihistamine such as Zyrtec every day. (You could even take it twice a day, but definitely no more than that.)

I got rashes on my face, red hot ears, etc periodically for years until I realized it was actually caused by seasonal allergies! Yup, dust, tree pollen and grass pollen were making my skin break out. I went on allergy shots, and this year I've had hardly any rashes at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
helpjesse (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
(male)

helpjesse HB User

Do I need a prescription for that medication?
Does carry any dude effects?

Did you rash effect you only in certain times?

Thank you

Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Zyrtec is over the counter, and it's pretty safe. It makes some people a little drowsy, for me it's about as bad as one beer. After a few days of taking it, the drowsiness may go away.

Allegra is another decent option. Claritin is the least likely to cause drowsiness, but many people find it's a very weak medicine. Benadryl can make you very drowsy, but it also works the fastest when my allergies get very bad.

My rashes tend to be worse after I've been outdoors.

Closed Thread