It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
(male)

nickbuddy HB User
head pressure and brain fog and drowsiness

I have had lots of head pressure and foggy feeling I think it's just terrible allergies because the season has been so horrible.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: head pressure and brain fog and drowsiness

You got that right!!! Join the club. I think this is the worse allergy season I have ever experienced and I have had allergies since 1985. I am zapped of my strength; are you? Generally, I have more energy than God!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
(male)

nickbuddy HB User

Yeah I agree I have been just out of it I've worried that I haver some serious health issue but had a ct scan done and saw ent. My head has had lots of pressure and thinking has been foggy. I think it's just allergies though

Old 08-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuddy View Post
Yeah I agree I have been just out of it I've worried that I haver some serious health issue but had a ct scan done and saw ent. My head has had lots of pressure and thinking has been foggy. I think it's just allergies though
That is all a part of allergies, but I understand where you are coming from. When I first had brain fog, I was worried just like you because I love to read and for the love of me, I could not understand a book I was reading. I put it down and when the weather allowed, I tried it again and it was one of the best books I have ever read. Have you tried rinsing your nose because that will really help. Give it the college shot, but do not do it with just salt and water; go to your pharmacy and see if they sell something or you can go to your pharmacy and buy a squirt bottle and then go to Dr. Grossnan's website because he sells packages of stuff you can put in the bottle. If you do use those, fill the bottle but only put in 1/2 of the package, squirt it up one side of your nose and then put the rest in and go up the other half. Even my husband, who is made like steel truck is having problems and it is due to all this climate change and rain. It has brought out all sorts of stuff. Relax; I highly doubt that you have anything seriously wrong with you, but I am no doctor.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
(male)

nickbuddy HB User

Thanks trust me I've been to plenty of doctors and have had ct scans done everything wad normal just the allergies but all these symptoms cause stress and anxiety

Old 08-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuddy View Post
Thanks trust me I've been to plenty of doctors and have had ct scans done everything wad normal just the allergies but all these symptoms cause stress and anxiety
It is VERY frustrating; I agree! However, there are millions out there who are in the same boat not that that helps us.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
(male)

nickbuddy HB User

I know I just want to feel like a normal person. I don't want to feel like my head is going to explode.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: nickbuddy
Cher2108 (09-27-2012), sandiemas (08-30-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Maybe you should have your Dr. check for a CSF leak. Just a thought. Your symptoms jumped out at me as they are very similar to those of a friend of mine. It took 6 years to diagnose.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

I'm in the same boat and I'm still not convinced all my symptoms are allergies even though I've had endless tests. I've never had such horrible feeling of sinus pressure, facial pressure, ear pressure , post nasal drip , upset stomach from post nasal drip, muscle tension, and dizziness just an all in all god awful year!! Or since March at least for me .

Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
(male)

bobb101794 HB User

All the posts about brain fog,dizziness, lack of energy and anxiety hit home with me.I've been through the gamut with remedies over the years with this..everything but surgery.People that don't suffer from this don't realize how debillitating it is.I'm on a regimen of steam inhalation and I'm ramping up the nasal irrigation to twice daily.The only other thing I know to do is give up cookies ! I'm thinking of asking my chiropractor if he can help ! If anyone has any remedies,please post.I wish all of you the best !

Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

The only thing that's helped me is dropping caffiene, drinking loads of water, taking 750mg of vitamin c daily and staying away from heat. Tomorrow I'm going for food allergy consultation and will tell them to test me for celiac,caffiene,lactose at a minimum

Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
(female)

Annie101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb101794 View Post
All the posts about brain fog,dizziness, lack of energy and anxiety hit home with me.I've been through the gamut with remedies over the years with this..everything but surgery.People that don't suffer from this don't realize how debillitating it is.I'm on a regimen of steam inhalation and I'm ramping up the nasal irrigation to twice daily.The only other thing I know to do is give up cookies ! I'm thinking of asking my chiropractor if he can help ! If anyone has any remedies,please post.I wish all of you the best !
You are right; few people realize how debilitating this is. I've had a horrible allergy year and am just realizing how much my allergy symptoms have slowed me down my whole life. Brain fog, facial pain, extreme fatigue - takes a toll after years and years.

Allergy shots helped me a lot but I quit taking them when I moved. I recently went to see an ENT who recommended surgery - but when I got the CT report ~ it said 'unremarkable'. So I am going for a second opinion; I'm hoping he says just get re-tested and back on shots. But the fact that I was even considering it - tells you what a horrible year this has been.

I started taking something called 'Best Defense' just the other day. It contains echinaca (which is in the ragweed family and supposed to be bad for allergy suffers). Within a few minutes, I could feel the pain and stuffiness in my nose subside a bit. Don't ask me why; and I was shocked as he!!.

Let's all hope for a super hard frost!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

If you were once on allergy injections, it may have been a BIG mistake to go off them. When I moved from one part of the state to another, I went to a new allergist and after he tested me, he told me I did not need the injections. I could not think at the time, so went off them and it cost me over a year of my life. When I went back to the original allergist, he told me that the second one ran the wrong test! As far as surgery, I would get another opinion, but, first, I would ask the allergist for his opinion.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #14
(female)

magenk HB User

I started taking D-Hist when I developed an acute allergy to my dog. I had to get him out of the house, but it helped a lot. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking it because I was having stomach issues (I'm allergic to bromelain, also found in pineapples). It also contains quercetin and stinging nettle- which I'm going to try separately.

That and another board recommended old-school chlorpheniramine, which I'm going to try now.

I've never had allergies until recently and they are really taking me down. I get bad brain fog and depression. Just hard to function. I've had similar chronic issues with IBS and interstitial cystitis. I don't depend on doctors anymore for help, not unless I feel like throwing money away and being patronized.

Closed Thread