Ok so I can't seem to figure this out.
I'm a Lymphoma survivor. Since my treatments, I've discovered I've become allergic to things I wasn't allergic to before. Strawberries, peanuts, Tylenol, excedrin, Motrin, and some other things. The reaction to these is full body hives from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Antihistamines usually help quickly. No big deal.
One concern is that the list is seemingly getting longer. Its been 5 years since treatment and yet i seem to be becoming allergic to things i wasnt allergic to a couple of years ago.
The bizarre thing is that I have a weird reaction to antibiotics. I've taken them in the past with no issues but now I've become allergic to about 4 of them. Same specific reaction each time. 2 days after starting antibiotics, my fingertips (the entire part up to the first joint) start to swell up. Even after I stop taking antibiotics, they will continue to swell up and then dry out, leaving big hollow bubbles that eventually crack and peel off to reveal super sensitive skin underneath. Super gross, pretty painful, and completely bizarre. I can't seem to find any info on this.
My doctors take note of the antibiotic and make sure I don't take it anymore. They say it's an allergic reaction. I'd really like to wrap my head around this before i run out if antibiotics!
Anyone ever come across this before? Could this be a larger issue than just allergies? Suggestions?