Anaphylactic shock last night.
I had anaphylactic shock yesterday evening and stayed in hospital overnight. Im allergic to a high number of things including peanuts,fish,shrimp and bananas so anything may have triggered it. Its the second reaction i've had in the matter of 3 months. My face went burning hot then started to feel tight and itchy. Then my nose felt like it was closing up and my throat felt constricted and it was hard to swallow. I administered my epipen and then was taken into hospital to have antihistamines and steroids intravenously. If anyone has any questions about allergies/epipens/how it feels/prevention etc. feel free to ask me as I have had these allergies my entire life and am now very good at spotting a reaction straight away. Im a 19 year old female and it unfortunately it does restrict my life in a lot of ways but im finding better ways of dealing with it and protecting myself. Im planning on buying a medical alert bracelet that informs people I have a number of life-threatening allergies and I think its a good idea for people to purchase these if you are the same.