It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

Amz39 HB User
Wave/flashes of intense itching all over

Last Thursday & again last night I woke up about 2-3am with intense itchiness on my hands which rapidly spread to my feet, then the rest of my body and finally my scalp & ears. I was covered in tiny red bumps in minutes. It was so itchy it crossed over to a painful burning sensation. The first time it also was followed by a sensation of swallowing something too big, although I was not actually swallowing at all. Last night I took two benedryl as soon as it started for fear it would effect my throat & breathing, & didn't have that part. In both cases the itchiness & bumps did not last more than an hour.

The only thing I can think of is that I ocassionally take Diclofenac (an anti-inflammatory) for my arthritis-like symptoms, and on both these nights I did take it at about 7-8pm. However, I have been taking it for over a year & have never had any problem before. Could an allergy like this just pop up out of no where & isn't it especially strange that it comes & goes so fast? Could it be I've become allergic to the time release portion of the medication?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Wave/flashes of intense itching all over

It is possible to become allergic to a medicine you've taken safely for years. Or, it could be something else. Try NOT taking the diclofenac, and see if it stops these reactions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread