It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

kse93 HB User
How long do most rashes last?

I got a rash on the 28th and it was pretty bad so I went to the doctor for it. The rash was very pink, swelled, and itchy when it first came. She prescribed me 60 mg of prednisone and tapered it down to 10. Throughout the week the rash has become less and less and not nearly as bad as it was before.

Today was my last day of prednisone, but I still notice the rash is here. Not widespread or nearly as bad as it was before (now it's just red and flat areas instead of pink and swelled). I've been taking benedryl as well which seems to suppress the symptoms. But the thing that is worrying me is that it's not completely gone yet. I've never had a rash like this before so I don't know the time length or anything, but should it still be around? I made another doctor's appointment for Monday for a checkup but I'm worried that this hasn't gotten any better. I have the red bumps on me legs right now (where the rash originated) and put some calamine lotion on it which seems to be helping. I also took a warm shower today and thought maybe the heat of the water did it? As I said before, it is no where near as bad as it once was.

Also, my family and I seem to think what caused the rash was some black mold we had on our carpet. As soon as we removed the carpet is when it started getting better. The carpet has been gone for at least 5 days now.

The following user gives a hug of support to kse93:
MountainReader (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: How long do most rashes last?

I've found that it really depends on the cause of the rash. I've had some rashes that only lasted a short time and others that lasted weeks. I think it is good you are continuing to seek help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread