It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
(female)

wheezy1946 HB User
Lightbulb Post nasal drip and asthma

I'm a retired RN and finally came to the conclusion after all these years and all the allergy testing and asthma attacks is that the reason I have asthma attacks is because of post nasal drip. The mucous slids down the back of your throat, draining into your lungs and the wheezing and coughing begans. This usually happens at night after you lay down.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Post nasal drip and asthma

Do you have acid reflux or silent acid reflux?

I found that the silent gaseous acid triggered both my asthma and my PND?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
(female)

wheezy1946 HB User

You are so right, gastric reflux is another big cause of asthma.;-)

Old 09-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

If you are insinuating that you may have acid reflux, go buy some aloe vera and take it as often as you wish. Your acid reflux will pretty much go away. As for your allergies, go to your nearest pharmacy and buy a squirt bottle, I think Nell puts it out. Also buy the rinse that comes with it. Do that twice a day and it will really really help. The rinse is made for use on the nose, so is not harsh on the membranes. Do not use salt and water as that will be harsh. My allergist told me to do this and I have and it has made a BIG difference. By the way, this stuff is not expensive. Good luck!

Old 09-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
(female)

wheezy1946 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Post nasal drip and asthma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainReader View Post
Do you have acid reflux or silent acid reflux?

I found that the silent gaseous acid triggered both my asthma and my PND?
Hi Mountain, I don't have acid reflux, I have PND" seasonal" I was an RN for alittle over 30 years and I know what acid reflux is and it's the same mechanism as PND, secretions getting into the wind pipe causing wheezing, shortness of breath, couch the hole nine yards. What finally make me realize it was pnd and not an asthma attack is I went in the hospital with "congested heart failure" otherwise there was fluid in my lungs. I knew better being an ICU nurse and the only way the fluid got there was from dripping from my sinuses ;-)

Closed Thread