It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Sinus pressure possible for 3 months???

Anyone have allergies bad enough they last 3-4 months plus , sinus pressure and post nasal drip? I had mine checked it's not infected just sinuses swollen to a point I get pressure upper teeth and jaw.I have some good days and done really bad days, but geez is this year that bad? My doc, ENT cleared me on serious stuff.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Sinus pressure possible for 3 months???

Absolutely. Unless you address the cause, it's not likely to go away. Are you on antihistamines? Looking at injections? Use a sinus rinse twice daily?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I have had allergies since 1895 and this is the worst year. It seems as if everyone is complaining. My husband who is built of steel is even suffering. Join the club!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Definitely a rough year. For me, the spring wasn't too bad, but now ragweed season is underway, and I'm NOT having fun with it.

Still, allergy shots and prescription nasal spray have helped a lot.

Dana: Since 1895? That's a long time! (I guess you mean 1985).

Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Jane,

I am laughing at your message. That would have been a long time and, if you can believe it, I don't drink, so there I have no excuse for putting that number down. Aren't you glad I don't keep your books???

Old 09-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
(male)

Silas1066 HB User

I have never felt sinus issues like this before.

I started about 3 weeks ago with pressure, swollen bags under the eyes, bloodshot eyes, etc.

Now I have pain all over my face and jaw. My upper teeth on my left side just ache. Even the lower teeth feel sore. Almost constant headaches.

But no drainage (or very little).

I slept with an ice pack on my face last night it is so bad.

It is always bad for me at this time of year, but this year it is just horrible.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Old 09-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Years ago, I had horrible headaches and could not figure out what was wrong. It turned out to be an infected tooth. If a tooth is infected, it can REALLY upset your system.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

Yeah I'm in pretty bad pain this year I'm presently on sigulair assya nasal spray reactine and neti pot and the best days I'll get arena pnd and light upper teeth pain

Old 09-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
(male)

Silas1066 HB User

As it turns out, I had a rotten wisdom tooth that was causing the headaches and maxillary pain: I thought it was all sinus related.

Thanks for the advice. I went to the dentist and he pulled it right out--I feel 90% better (I still have allergies).

Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas1066 View Post
As it turns out, I had a rotten wisdom tooth that was causing the headaches and maxillary pain: I thought it was all sinus related.

Thanks for the advice. I went to the dentist and he pulled it right out--I feel 90% better (I still have allergies).
That is GREAT!! It is amazing what a bad tooth can do! I bet you can think better, now; can you.

Closed Thread