It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
(female)

chicabonita14 HB User
Food allergy? Not sure why I keep getting sick.

Today I ate a granola bar (Berry NutriGrain) and it made me sick. I tried to make myself throw up, but I couldn't. Sometimes when I eat things I feel instantly nauseated, bloated, and hot or lightheaded (kind of like I feel when I overheat out in the sun). It's bad enough that I came home from work early, because I didn't think I could sit through the meeting I had scheduled. This isn't the first time this has happened, I've dealt with this for as long as I can remember, and it's always random foods that makes it happen. The other most recent time that I can think of was a couple of weeks ago, when I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and chips for lunch. It was really bad that day.

I've been thinking maybe I'm lactose intolerant, and have tried to avoid dairy for a little while (though I'm not too good about it). But today, and when I had the sandwich, I hadn't had any dairy. I've also considered gluten intolerance, and gluten might be the next thing I cut out, but I don't think I get sick every time I eat wheat products. Just sometimes. Can gluten intolerance be inconsistent?

I've also had other digestive/bowel issues as long as I can remember, but haven't been able to link it to a specific food. I was at the doctor a lot as a kid for stomach aches and heartburn but I'm surprised no one ever suggested a food allergy. Beer sometimes makes me sick too, but not always.

Does anyone have any ideas or ways to figure out how to stop getting sick?

Last edited by Administrator; 09-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
(female)

raziel1687 HB User
Re: Food allergy? Not sure why I keep getting sick.

I think it may be wheat/gluten related. Not necessarily a gluten allergy. But your body just has a hard time digesting it (and most people actually do have a hard tims digesting grains and breads). Wheat can cause a lot of gas.

Try eliminating all gluten from your diet (it's not as hard as you think, just stick to meat, vegetables, fruits, and rice).

For the longest time, I always had gas problems and bowel problems. I had thought it was just normal for me. But as soon as I stopped eating wheat stuff, and stuck with "real" food, all those problems went away.

Closed Thread