It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
(female)

dmash HB User
Wink Sinus and dizziness

Hello all -

For months I have been reading these boards trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Many of these blogs describe my symptoms EXACTLY.

6 months ago we began major construction on our house that we lived through. I began feeling lightheaded and at times experienced actual vertigo. In addition, I woke up every day with a headache over my eye as well as facial pressure and constant congestion. The dizziness was the most unsettling feeling, though. The ENT I went to suggested an MRI and blood test to rule out Lymes, MS and anything else serious. All was normal but I did have a sinus infection. I have since been seeing a chiropractor on and off, an allergist and also had my eyes checked. One thing has been confirmed by the allergist - I have a MAJOR dust mite allergy but why aren't these symptoms going away?

It's so upsetting reading that so many people are suffering from the exact same thing and aren't getting relief. I have been reading these posts and doing all kinds of research. I have recently been feeling SO much better and wanted to share what I have done in the hopes that it helps you the way these posts and info have helped me.

All I can say is nasal rinsing has worked wonders for me! My allergist didn't seem to think I needed it but my mother in law is being treated by another doctor in another state and told me her allergist swears by it. Ever since I started it, the headaches and facial pain/pressure has gone away! The dizziness has been getting better each day too. In addition to using the nasal rinse and salt solution that it comes with, I have been adding Alkalol, which you can only get through the pharmacy but it's an all natural Euchalyptus type solution that you add as well and it really cleans your sinuses and opens everything up. So, as of now, I take Nasonex in the AM, do the sinus rinse after dinner and take Singulair at bedtime. I have also stopped using the artificial sweetener, Truvia, since someone on here had heard that it causes neurological damage and I researched this too to find out it could be a side effect.

As always, exercise ( and tons of water) is fantastic and reduces stress, for those of you who suffer from anxiety either originally or as a result of these symptoms. Sweating also helps remove toxins from the body and helps you breathe clearer.

I have also found some info on a Dr. Walter Johnson who is actually a "sinus and dizziness expert" I read somewhere he recommends drinking a real ginger tea 2-3 X's a day to relieve dizziness in relation to sinuses. Haven't tried this yet, but it's worth a try.

I hope this helps some of you! It seems like more and more these days, we have to be our own doctors. Take care and be well

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
(male)

DB0708 HB User
Re: Sinus and dizziness

Thank you as many suffer from allergies and can't seem to find relief. I being one of them.

Closed Thread