It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Dust mite allergies

I have had testing and have a heavy dust mite allergy. My questions to those who have this allergy: do you get facial pains like random swelling? Do you get anxiety attacks? And muscle knots/tension in upper back neck face ? I also get pnd and reflux

Old 10-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Re: Dust mite allergies

Nobody?? Wow dust mite allergies are rarer than I thought

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

PND and facial pain and swelling are common with any allergies. Anxiety and muscle tension - while possible - are not that common. When do you start on allergy injections?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
(male)

Next year only, they said it was too late for the remainder of the season

Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Usually - at least here - they like to start them in November as that is when more people have fewer problems and then you might see some relief by next summer (take 6-12 months for most to see improvement).

Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
(female)

jxxxxxx HB User

I have a very severe dustmite allergy also. I often have watery nose/eyes, blocked sinuses and sneezing attacks when coming into contact with dust. I dont tend to get swelling in my face but my eyes swell up sometimes to the point where they are completely red, closing up and weeping. It feels as though there is something stuck in them. I also get a lot of hives particularly around the chin,jaw and cheeks. I dont often get anxiety attacks but I suffer from heart palpitations which i'm not sure are connected directly to the allergy. I do get terrible knots in my back/shoulder/neck but I also suffer from a back problem so again may not be due to the allergy! Ive suffered from this for almost 20 years so if you have any questions I'd love to help!

Old 10-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
(male)

Does it relent somewhat during winter? And is it normal that heat/ humidity makes it worse

Old 10-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
(female)

jxxxxxx HB User

For me it is all year round unfortunately! It is that severe that I am hardly ever free from the symptoms. I take daily antihistamines and supplements which do relieve it. Yes heat/humidity does it make it worse. The summer months when the pollen is high is usually the worst for me as I am also very allergic to pollen and the humidity can aggravate any symptoms particularly dry/tickly throat, dry/watery eyes and congestion. I find winter can sometimes make my dust allergy worse as I am inside the house more and heating/radiators can again make your symptoms worse as it dries out your skin and body. These are the best adjustments for the allergy I have found relieve me the most:
Make sure you vacuum your bedroom regularly and open windows afterwards to release dust from the room.
Clean surfaces regularly with a wet, clean cloth.
Wash any rugs atleast once a week.
Change bedding regularly and wash it at a very high temperature to kill dustmites. - Dont use woolen blankets/quilts.
If you smoke, I highly recommend giving it up.
Can I ask how old you are? Do you suffer from any other allergies or eczema/asthma?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #9
(male)

I'm 36 at this started this year ( probably had warning signs previous years I ignored). I don't have asthma at all.This allergy seems to be more facial pressure / pain and swollen sinuses , I also have hayfever. Hayfever I've had for years , since I was a child.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Hay fever is a catch all phrase that cover all allergic rhinitis including allergy to dust mites. So, you don't seem to have anything you haven't had for a long time. This year has just been really bad for allergens. And this fall is the same. Facial pressure, swelling, etc are normal reactions to these allergies. I would suggest doubling up on zyrtec (cetirizine) for 3-4 days to see it that helps. Take one AM and one PM. Once the cymptoms are under control, cut back to one a day.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
(male)

My body unfortunately can only handle one allergy pill a day. Anything more gets my heart going too fast so I'm stuck with one reactine extra strength a day in the morning. I can say that I have much more pep when it's cool out like the last two weeks. However yesterday and today it went back up to 21 and tada I'm in bed at 830 exhausted. Post nasal drip is just on the cusp of returning, sinus pressure etc.It was so bad for me this year I thought I honestly had cancer or something, ive never ever felt this bad in my 36 yrs on this planet . And if next year is remotely like this I'm applying to be a radar monitor in the Canadian arctic at least ill feel normal again. It's been since march and its still going and were oct 5th

Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Are you taking the "d" one - with the decongestant? If so, just take the one without and try the 2 a day. I take the 10 mg one and have had no problem taking 2 per day when needed. But I don't ever take the "d" variety.

Closed Thread