It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
(female)

wendya2J HB User
Adding Singular to the regime?

Hi!

Just visited the allergy/asthma doc tonight, and she added Singular to my management program. I take over the counger generic claratin, Advair and will now add Singular (generic form).....thoughts????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Adding Singular to the regime?

I was in a similar situation. Singulair by itself didn't do a lot for me, but in conjunction with my Allegra and Advair it did help. I was also on Flonase and Astelin at the same time as well.

I wish you well in your treatment.
MountainReader

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainReader For This Useful Post:
wendya2J (11-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
(female)

MeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB UserMeezerWheezer HB User

I take Singulair in addition to Allegra and Flovent. The combination works well for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to MeezerWheezer For This Useful Post:
wendya2J (11-01-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

It helped me clear the post nasal drip in my case

The Following User Says Thank You to Liquidplasma For This Useful Post:
wendya2J (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

wendya2J HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidplasma View Post
It helped me clear the post nasal drip in my case
I think that is what I am hoping to get accomplished with this - I have a hacky cough, especially at night.

Anyone out there have reflux as well? do you feel the asthma meds make that worse???

Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

Odds are reflux is coming from the post nasal drip . Nothing like mucus to upset the stomach and cause acid. I always took a Zantac before bed when I had my post nasal drip this summer.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I have tons of posts on here reflecting the story of my allergy/asthma/acid reflux cycle issues. All 3 issues cause a chronic cough for me so it is very hard to know what my triggers are at any given time. They usually just hit all 3 for treatment.

I took PPI's twice a day. Once in the a.m. and once before bedtime usually. I'm now on Dexilant which is time released so it is once per day. I supplement with Zantac at night.

Closed Thread