It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
(male)

GatoLoco HB User
Swollen lymph node from allergy?

For the past year or so I've had a swollen lymph node under my right jaw, right where the jaw meets the neck. Sometimes it is more noticeable than others and on most days I also have a feeling of fullness in just my right ear and also feel like something is stuck in my throat (on the right side), causing me to try and clear my throat.

I've had allergy testing done and I do have a few mild allergies (the highest are 3s on a 5 point scale), mainly from trees, mold, and dust. I've tried Zyrtec, nasal sprays, etc. but they don't seem to help.

I've seen two ENT doctors and at this point they are both saying that they can just remove the swollen node. The thinking is that maybe the node itself is causing the ear fullness and sensation of something in my throat if it is pushing up on something. The other thing is that removing it will also allow it to be tested to see if there is some other underlying cause.

I'm just wondering if this could all be allergy related as I moved to Florida a few months before all of this started. Has anybody else had one sided symptoms along with a swollen lymph node from allergies? On one hand I'm inclined to just have the lymph node removed to see if it fixes the problem, but on the other hand I'm not sure if removing it is worth the potential complications, etc. if it is just a matter of allergies that won't be fixed even after having it removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Re: Swollen lymph node from allergy?

I do and it's from my 4/5 dust mite allergy. You might want to try immunotherapy before surgery that's for sur

Old 11-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
(male)

GatoLoco HB User

Is it common that the ear fullness and swollen lymph node would be isolated to just one side with an allergy? My ENT also told me that I have a deviated septum, and the side of my nose that is better flowing is the side that the symptoms are on. Is it possible that the symptoms are only on that side because that side of my nose inhales more air?

Do allergies generally adjust fairly quickly to new environments? I am considering moving back up north for a week or two to see if my symptoms go away if I'm not in Florida.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

I honestly don't know much about deviated septums, I don't know their effects.I do know that sinuses can and do flare up on one side more than the other for me. My left side from the ear down to the throat reacts first always.Then gradually the rest follows suit , sometimes a day later it's weird but true. As for allergies from what I'm being told by all three doctors treating me presently, they can manifest themselves anytime,anywhere for anything.Before March this year the only allergy I knew about was my hay fever and that's all.This year I exploded into a walking disaster, so bad that I still have a hard time believing its all allergies.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoLoco View Post
Is it common that the ear fullness and swollen lymph node would be isolated to just one side with an allergy? My ENT also told me that I have a deviated septum, and the side of my nose that is better flowing is the side that the symptoms are on. Is it possible that the symptoms are only on that side because that side of my nose inhales more air?

Do allergies generally adjust fairly quickly to new environments? I am considering moving back up north for a week or two to see if my symptoms go away if I'm not in Florida.
I had a deviated septum and it caused such havok with me that I had horrible headaches and literally could not think and my breathing was far from the best. I had it taken care of by a good ent an it made all the difference in the world, so I suggest you get another opinion and go from there. As far as moving; I do not know where you are, but from what I have read, allergies are HORRIBLE all over. People on the east and west coasts are going nuts and people who have never had allergies, are now getting them. I know of a couple of cases.

Closed Thread