Re: Scared and very unsure
Is this a general doctor or a pulmonologist? If your general doctor, ask for a referal to a pulmonologist if your insurance requiires a referral. You need to see one of them for your asthma. Asthmatics need a "asthma action plan" to control their asthma. I too doubt that you need at home oxygen (generally you have to have below 50% lung function to qualify) and an xray really won't show much with regard to asthma. And it will take about 8-12 months for the allergy shots to show real results.
All that being said, some things you need to do to control your environment:
1) Clear at least your bedroom if not the whole house of your allergens as best as posisble. And avoid them outdoors as much as possible.
2) Scrub your bedroom from top to bottom.
3) Use dustmite bags for your pillows and mattress. Wash all bedding at least weekly in HOT WATER.
4) Be absolutely compliant in using your meds. Take exactly as prescribed. Be sure to premedicate as directed with your rescue inhaler before any cardio, exposure to cold or other things which set off your asthma.
5) Do a search on this website on the Asthma board for a post on Asthma Action Plan that another poster has done. It will help you SO much!
Keep us posted.