It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

Vxoxo HB User
brain fog

Hey everyone. My name is Valerie and I am 24 years old. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. When I was a teenager my friends and I used to use crystal meth on and off for about 2 years. It was never every day but usually one night on the weekend. When I would come down off of the drug my brain would feel very foggy but would always go away. The last time I used I felt fine the next couple of days after. I got a cat from my friends house around 12:00 at night. When I woke up the next morning I felt horrible. I woke up with really bad brain fog. It feels as if I am in a daze all day and can't concentrate and the world looks very foggy/fuzzy. The fogginess is always there but if I sleep more than 9 hours it feels a little bit better. I feel completely stoned all day as if I was smoking pot and I haven't drank or used drugs since this happened years ago. I started thinking maybe it was being caused by allergies since it happened the very next day after getting my cat so I gave the cat away and changed my bedroom carpet and furniture but its been a year now and no change. I've felt like this for almost 5 years now and its really hard. I saw 2 internal medicine doctors and all of my blood work came back normal. I saw a neurologist who did an EEG and MRI and again all tests came back normal. I just started working with a homeopathic doctor who isn't exactly sure what is causing this but gave me a remedy to take every morning and a detox at night. I've been doing this for about 3 days now. I was wondering if anyone has some advice they could give me on what it could be caused by. Low neurotransmitters? Toxins? Allergies? Thank you so much everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
(male)

bobb101794 HB User
Re: brain fog

sorry for you're feeling that way ! its my experience and that of several of my friends that the brain fog/dizziness is due to allergies and packed sinuses.weather changes have also been known to cause that as well.while i'm sure there could be other reasons for some people it has definitely been my experience.the last 12-15 months have been some of the worst that i've experienced ! I hope you get better real soon !

Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
(female)

adpace HB Useradpace HB User

I often experience a type of "brain fog" with allergies. Have you tried changing your diet? That could possibly be the culprit if it is an allergy since you have already tried changing environmental factors.

Brain fog is commonly experienced with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue patients as well. However, it could just be linked to your previous drug use. Do you have any other symptoms that are common with allergies (runny nose, sneezing, itchy skin or eyes)? If not, it may be difficult to find the source or even to convince an allergist to test. Have you done any research on potential long-term effects of using meth?

One last thing to check would be to find someone who looks at all hormonal and/or nutritional deficiencies you may have. Your homeopathic doctor may be able to help with that. Many of the tests a general doctor will run (such as iron, thyroid, etc.) will show up more or less normal, but they don't always run the more detailed tests (for example, you want to ask for a free T-3, free T-4 and reverse thyroid test rather than just having a general test run). Sometimes the results will appear normal with a general test, but with more detailed testing, major issues may be observed.

Sorry I can't be much help except to say that, yes, sometimes it is associated with allergies, but I would think there would be other symptoms as well. Good luck - I hope you can find the cause and treat it.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
(female)

Vxoxo HB User

Hey guys. Thanks so much for responding. I had no other allergy symptoms other than the foggy brain when the cat was here. I know that meth causes a dopamine deficiency and a symptom of that is fogginess. It happened the next day after getting my cat and never went away. I had just a basic thyroid test. I'm going to have a more detailed one done on my next appt with the homeopathic if none of this helps. Currently she has me putting 16 pellets in 16 ounces of water and a detox pellet that dissolves under my tongue at night. Its only been a few days but she said I should see results in a month. I'm also cutting out all processed foods and eating lots of fruits and vegetables. Hopefully some results come from all of this.

Closed Thread