It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
Caffeine allergy even possible???

Does anyone here suffer from chronic inflamed sinuses?? Post nasal drip ,burning in cavities and when neti pot used you feel like you have water in your ears??? I ask because I'm wondering if coffee(caffeine ) has something to do with this.Simply put when I drink coffee everything amplifies.i also have a dustmite allergy

Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Caffeine allergy even possible???

I'm not sure about an allergy, but coffee and caffeine can both trigger acid reflux. Acid reflux can come up and aggrevate the sinuses. It is often "silent" so you don't even realize the acid is coming up that far.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I think everyone has the water in ears feeling with the neti pot. It's just like when you swim and get water up your nose.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

Ok I figured it out.I asked my allergist who's testing my dust mite allergies.He explained to me to steer clear of coffee / caffiene it's a diaretic and can (usually) drys out sinuses.So does alcohol.With that said I cut down to one extra small coffee a day and upped my water intake to 9 bottles or 4-1/2 liters.With my dust mite/pollen treatments my face had dramatically deflated.My TMJ symptoms for the past few days are completely gone.... Seriously.So I question if I ever had a tmj or simply a swollen face.My tmj dentist said and extensive facial swelling will send the muscles into spasms.Also my under ear swelling is almost completely gone where I can feel my whole jaw bone and no pain.The allergist said it takes about one month before I'd feel changes and I'd say I'm about 1 month in now.Although I have 35 months left of treatments with these under tongue drops he said ill progressively get better.Also I've kept my soy intake to alost 99% off my diet.Long story short I won't say I'm healed or tmj free just yet, but my allergies and face seem better than ever,since before last march.Fingers crossed that my endless health decline has leveled off and gone back the right way a bit.Id never of guessed allergies could have done all this damage so suddenly??

The following user gives a hug of support to Liquidplasma:
MountainReader (12-23-2012)
Closed Thread