Re: Vasomotor Rhinitis cure?
I am on allergy shots since 2002!!!
I stopped early 2009 and I had a very bad spring and summer.
The next year though my symptoms were so bad that I called my doctor on July and ask him to return from his vacation to treat me, which of course he didn't. Then on Sep 2010 we did another test, that showed that my grass allergy remained very strong, all others have gone for good. So he put me again on shots but not for general wild weeds this time, but he broke down the weeds and put me on 4 different ones.
I confirm that allergy shots are working. They don't make you immune but they ease your symptoms to be bearable.
To explain how helpful the shots are, think this: I am Greek and we are in the middle of a huge crisis, all doctors are instructed to cut down expenses to half and the instruction from national health organization is not to continue the shots for more than 5 years (as the insurance is actually public health and I pay only the 25% the other 75% is paid by the state). However since I was remaining 100% allergic in the wild grasses they put me again for my 10th year on shots that cost around 500 euro per year.