It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
(female)

Jen1984 HB User
Newly Dx'ed with a dairy allergy, needing advice..

Hi everyone, I have been for 6 years now searching for answers to my crazy health issues. I have taken a lot of different medications, been tested for everything. I thought I had lupus, ms, I have been dignosed with fibromyalgia. I have had ct scans, MRI's, blood work. I have had weird symptoms, from crazy panic attacks, feeling like I will vomit out of nowhere, photophobia and photosensitivity, belching, constipation, severe headaches, spraning joints easily and short of breath issues. I would have a stiff neck, horrible periods, I thought I was going to die. But what lead me to get an allergy test done recently was that my neurologist ran some tests on me, one being a celiac panel. My gliadin peptide IgG came back in the weak positive range. This could indicate mild celiac or forming celiac disease that is not yet severe. I decided that I wanted to get my son tested for allergies and I figured since the one test on the celiac panel was positive that I should be tested for other allergies. I thought surely my son had a milk allergy because of some recent symptoms he has been haviing.

Well after the skin ***** test was done, the doc came back in, looked at my arm and said "wow, you are allergic to Milk!" I was shocked. I am 28 years old and have a milk allergy. This is something I hear kids grow out of. Now I am wondering how long I have really had it and if it just progressively got worse over time. I know I have had it for 6 years atleast, but thats only when my symptoms got out of hand and I began getting effected neurologically.

I am here seeking advice about this. It has been hard because I think I might have celiac disease also so I cut the gluten out, but now dairy is gone, too. I am wondering, for those of you who have a dairy allergy, how long have you had the allergy, and what kinds of symptoms did you have? How were you diagnosed (skin *****?), and how long has it taken you since being diagnosed to feel better? Since I have cut gluten and dairy out, I have also got these small bumps showing up out of nowhere that really itch, especially on y scalp that only is remedied with benadryl. I have no idea what that is, but I am assuming that it is one of three thing, it is a delayed reaction from the ***** test at the allergit's office, it's only been 4 days since diagnosis, or it is because the antibodies cannot attack my intestines anymore so they are targeting my skin? OR it is another allergy (hope not). Any advice is so welcome, I need all the support I can get right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
(female)

Jen1984 HB User
Re: Newly Dx'ed with a dairy allergy, needing advice..

I wanted to clrify the test that was positive the the deamidated gliadin peptide IgG. It is different than the native gliadin tests. Just in case anyone caught that. sorry

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, allergy, dairy, symptoms