It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
(male)

jimmytism HB User
I live in Tucson Arizona and I have allergies most of the year

I live in Tucson Arizona and I have allergies most of the year. The usual symptoms are itchy and watery eyes, congestion, lots of mucous sometimes congestion in the ears. I been using the neti pot, with warm saline water to flush my nasal passages, this works to keep the area clear of mucous built up so I wonít get a sinus infection.

I was using Benadryl and Flonase, recently switched to the Wal-mart generic of Zyrtec. It doesnít seem to be worse or better. It has been like 6 days since switching.

My worst symptom is the itchy watery eyes, some times the tears just keep running and my vision is blurry.

Does any one have any comments, advice or suggestions or can share similar symptoms?

Does the generic of Zyrtec work the same as the brand name?

Thanks,

jimmytism

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I live in Tucson Arizona and I have allergies most of the year

It does for me. Have you tried allergy eye drops? What about testing? Are you allergic to things in your house - dust mites, etc? To get things under control, oyu could take a zyrtec AM and one PM for 3-4 days to see if that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
(male)

jimmytism HB User

Thanks for your reply. Had testing about 12 years ago. biggst allergens were mesquite and Palo Verde, very prevelant in Tucson, AZ, and was put on injections before I lost my insurance and went to Florida. No have not tried allergy eye drops, will look into that.

Thanks

Last edited by jimmytism; 02-17-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
(male)

jimmytism HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
It does for me. Have you tried allergy eye drops? What about testing? Are you allergic to things in your house - dust mites, etc? To get things under control, oyu could take a zyrtec AM and one PM for 3-4 days to see if that helps.
Thanks for your reply. Had testing about 12 years ago. biggst allergens were mesquite and Palo Verde, very prevelant in Tucson, AZ, and was put on injectiosn before I lost my insurance and went to Florida. No have not tried allergy eye drops, will look into that.

Thanks

Closed Thread