It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
(female)

misfit77 HB User
Late Phase Allergic Responses-Cause of Always Feeling Sick?

Hello Everyone,
I have suffered from chronic allergies since I was a child. I am very allergic to pretty much every tree, weed grass and mold out there and of course dust and cat and dog dander.

I have always been one of those people to catch every cold that goes around. It seems my immune system is just a piece of garbage - I used to have violent convulsions as an infant because my body couldn't handle fevers.

I tried allergy shots in the past but they didn't help.

Now, I am sitting here on my lunch break at work feeling like a pile of garbage again...feeling like I have caught yet another cold. I have at least 2-3 days a month that I just want to stay in bed-probably more. And I feel like I am getting a cold at least once a week. Right now I do feel that I have a cold. But I wonder if it is just a really bad second phase allergic response to allergens I faced this past weekend. You see I stayed at my boyfriend's most of the weekend. He is a smoker but doesn't smoke when I am at his place-but does smoke in his place when I am not there-it doesn't smell that bad normally. The thing I did notice this weekend is that everyone in his building smokes and I could smell it coming into his apartment. I took an anti-histamine but it didn't seem to help. Smoke is one of my worse reactions. Now I am wondering if I have a cold or if I am still reacting to this weekend's smoke exposure.

I tend to not have primary allergic reactions. I rarely get where I start sneezing and having itchy watery eyes upon exposure to an allergen...instead I feel like I am constantly coming down with a cold.

I have dust mite protection on my bed, an air purifier in my room...etc. I don't know what to do anymore. I am so fed up. Does anyone else have these kind of responses? Does anyone know more about late phase allergic responses? I really am at the point of wanting to live in a bubble. I am so fed up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Late Phase Allergic Responses-Cause of Always Feeling Sick?

Do you not take an antihistamine every day? That would help. It's often too late to wait till you have a reaction. How long were you on the shots? They can take a year or more to show improvement.

And which antihistamine do you take? I have to admit though that cigarette smoke and perfumes and the like are hard to deal with no matter what meds you take.

Closed Thread