It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
(female)

needacure89 HB User
Allergies? Flu? Chronic Fatigue?

Hi all,

Over the past few weeks I've been getting what I thought was a cold or flu every two weeks or so. It was just three weeks ago I had what felt like the flu - achey, fever, fatigue, had to stay in bed for a week - and now I feel like I've got a really bad cold with bad cough, severe fatigue, severe headache, sneezing, tight chest etc.

I went for allergy testing which brought back I was allergic to grass and dust mites. But I've always been allergic to those as I was tested a few years ago and never had such symptoms. I've always had shortness of breath but never like this. So this is why I don't know if I have allergies or not. Can allergies get worse? We have recently moved location to an area with a lot of pollution as we are near a port and an industrial area.

I thought I had chronic fatigue as I've always been more tired than my peers my whole life but recently the fatigue has got worse after I gave birth and now it's even worse with all these allergy symptoms. All my blood tests came back clear which tested for thyroid problems etc.

The doctors don't seem to know anything! Can anyone suggest where to go from here? I'm taking TelFast anti-histamine, and it doesn't seem to work. I'm taking a ton of vitamins and herbs which are intended to improve immune system and energy but nothing seems to help. Anyone had anything similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Allergies? Flu? Chronic Fatigue?

Yes, allergies can get worse, get better, go away, come back, etc all your life. I'm not familiar with that antihistamine. I suggest Zyrtec (cetirizine/reactine) and take one AM and one PM for 3-4 days until things get under control. Were you also tested for asthma? If not, you might want to try that as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread