It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
(male)

jas678 HB User
need help please... don't know if this is allergy or recurring infection

hi y'all
i have a problem that i don't know what it is......i've been treated it for ton's of sinus infections in the last 3 years....about 15-20, i know that's bad.....i've done everything at my house to use all hypo allergenic things....soap, shampoo, laundry detergent.....i even put my mattress in the spare room cause i thought that maybe it was making me repeatedly sick.....i've been sleeping on my floor in my bedroom......about a month ago my face started to feel flush and warm all the time......i'm not tired all the time....just not motivated i guess u could say.....just don't have the energy......i feel misreable all the time.....when i lay down to go to sleep my nose get all clogged and congested...when i breath i can hear myself wheezing a little.....i'm so much out of breath when i do something....it's like i'm trying to always catch my breath.......this happens to me only when i'm in my house......the house is 5 years old.....furnace filter gets changed every month, cause of my allergies.....i had allergy test done at washington university...my only allergies are penicillium and a little to dust mites.....i wash everything every week in my room.....new pillows every month........*jc penny's has awesome pillows for just $10*...........is this an allergy to something that keeps making me feel sick all of the time and my face warm and flush....when i'm laying down to go to bed i can hear myself wheezing sometimes when i breath...........i vacuum every 2 days....can i be allergic to the carpet....i don't smoke.....i quit 3 years ago.....please i will take any help , advice or ideas to what this could be making me sick all the time....i hold my nose closed and blow to pop my ears....and i can hear my sinuses open and then make a sound that they are closing back up.........like they were swollen closed to begin with.......the doctor said there is not a big opening as it is........thank in advance
i use:
nasonex...2 sprays each nostril twice a day
astolin...2 sprays each notril 1-2 a day
claritin....once a day
neti....once a day

zyrtec makes sinuses close cause they are hardly open

jason

Last edited by jas678; 03-21-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: need help please... don't know if this is allergy or recurring infection

Do you have a new rug in your room? Rugs are loaded with chemicals and underneath is nothing but dirt and mold. New rugs are the worst!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
(male)

jas678 HB User

the carpet is/was new.....the carpet is 5 years old...it's as old as the house.....they put it in when they built it.....thanks for the response......i'm going crazy feeling miserable all the time...........i made a couple post about having sinuse infection forever, but now i'm starting to think that this has to be a bad allergy to somthing..........and i can't find out what that something is.........ijust feel dead......my eyes have huge bags and circles, but not really dark.........i get plenty of sleep since i don't work......my teeth constantly hurt....my nose inbetween my eyes is always throbbing.......i'm in my room most of the time, so i think my room is making me sick...........i'm not crazy to think that am i?

Last edited by jas678; 03-22-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you had allergy testing? Maybe try something other than claritin - allegra maybe? Claritin does nothing for me. Or maybe try xyzal? And do you use allergy covers for your matress, pillow, etc?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

It could be an allergy to the rug and, yet, teeth can raise the dickens with a person and I speak from experience. I was having horrible headaches and could not think-the cause-decay under a tooth. Once that was taken care of, I was much, much better. Still had and still do have the allergies, though, and as I may have said, rugs are FILTHY underneath and if new, they have HORRIBLE chemicals in them.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
(male)

jas678 HB User

i had allergy testing twice....only thing the allergist said i was allergic to was penicillium and a little to dust mites............the testings were done about 2 months apart when i had them about a year and a half ago......one allergist did one and then i was finally able to get into the really good allergist at wash u....and he did them all over again....
thanks

Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Allergists do not test for decay under the gums.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
(male)

jas678 HB User

i was trying to type a response to ur answer and my laptop battery warning light was popping up and i was looking for my ac adapter to plug it in....i've been to the dentist several times in the last year or so to have dental work done and everytime i've highly expressed that my teeth hurt really bad.....mainly my upper molars.......and he's done numerous x rays to see if i need to have a root canal done and everything is fine..........

i switch up from claritin to allergra every now and again............not a big difference for me though......

this is one of the reasons i'm at a standstill.......for the longest time i thought it was my teeth, but after seeing the dentist , i was assured it wasn't my teeth.......it's weird,
thanks though , i really appreciate it

Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I feel for you. I found some guy who specialized in the field of discovering this type of stuff and it was the luck of the Irish because no dentist or allergist could find anything wrong. When I asked my dentist why he could not pick up all the decay that was under my one tooth, he said the dentist field had not come out with something-I don't know if it were the MRI or what. I will gladly write my dentist and ask him how they pick up decay UNDER a tooth, if you wish and I will try to find the guy's name who helped me, although I know he is no longer in the business. He may have some title on the card that you can look up on the Internet.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
(female)

ck438 HB User

Have you seen a ENT? I guess you have if you had allergy testing. But it's alarming that you've had 15-20 sinus infections in 3 yrs. I had only one and dr. couldn't kill infection so he did surgery. I also had a deviated septum and he fixed that. Could you have mold in your house? Think about having A/C vents cleaned. But sinuses can definitely affect your teeth. I feel so sorry for you. Please find a good ENT! Best of luck!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
(male)

jas678 HB User

i thought i might have mold in my house also.....but that wasn't the case.....do they make any testing kits to test if their is mold in the house..........any that are reliable....i have an awesome ent.....she's at washington university here in st. louis.....she hasn't been able to give me any explanation to why this is happening.....i've had other ent's before her........i have to just stay with one.......Wash U. is super good......

Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
(male)

jas678 HB User

i've really been thinking lately cause all this has been going on for so long, that maybe the doctor is saying it's a sinus infection when the whole time i'm just allergic to something really bad that i'm around all the time....symptoms are the same as sinus infection and they're just treating me for an infection when it's really an allergy........does that make sense kinda

Old 03-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Makes a GREAT deal of sense to me!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User

It could be allergy - some people have allergic fungal sinusitis. Have they ever tried steroids? There are also autoimmune/connective tissue disorders that can affect the sinuses such as Wegener's Granulamatosis, etc. I had a lot of swelling and found that prednisone really helped my sinuses to open up, but they can make bacterial infections worse.

Hopefully someone gets to the bottom of it. Do you do saline rinses?

Old 03-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
(male)

jas678 HB User

ya i do the saline rinses, and i took the anti fungal medicine for a month.....i take medrol every few 4 or 5 months.....i think it's really great.....I CAN FINALLY BREATH!!!.....my doctors (ent, allergist, primary) won't give it to me all of the time though.....cause your not supposed to have it all the time....it will weaken bones, can make infections worse...and can make/cause other things worse also.....

i was also wondering if having a return air vent in my room would cause me any problems.....that's just how my house was built.....and i'm not sure.......never had them in my room growing up are other house.......

thank u all for the help and responses
much appreciated it.......
i'm thinking i'm going to tear up the carpet in room and replace with like pergo or something......don't have a big room, so it won't be expensive...hopefully that fixes this problem

Closed Thread

Tags
allergies, flushing, sinus