It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #1
(male)

Querorz HB User
Weird, weird , weird situation...

Hi Guys,

I had a siberian cat 1 year ago, since i am allergic to cats and siberans are hypo allergenic.

Situation-1

I live in Istanbul. At the first days of having my cat i was showing bad allergic reactions such as redness in eyes, sneezing and allergic asthma. After a couple months i got used to my cat and even when i kissed my cat , i was 99 % all right... All i had was sneezes for a couple times and that was all.

Situation-2

My hometown is Gaziantep. When i take my cat to Gaziantep with me, my allergies get crazy!

I arrive to Gaziantep ,

I go to my house,

I say "hi" to my mum,

I release the cat,

in 15 minutes... BOMMM!!!

I start to sneeze crazily, i have awful asthma, i cannot sleep at night because of serious coughs and i can't breath.

When i go to Istanbul with my cat, i am all right again...

Some points i think you should know:

- Istanbul is a much more humid than my hometown. Istanbul has a sea and we don't. My hometown is the driest city of the country. BUT LOW HUMIDITY IS A GREAT THING FOR PEOPLE WITH ASTHMA. So how???

- There is no major temperature differences between those 2 cities.

- When i go to my hometown house without my cat, i am completely all right. So there are no other allergens in my house.

I will need to move my hometown in a year and i don't know what to do. I need your help.

Ty...

Last edited by Querorz; 03-22-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Weird, weird , weird situation...

Allergy meds (zyrtec/cetirizine is good for pet allergies) or allergy injections would be the route to go.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
(male)

Querorz HB User

Titchou am i not clear? Have you really read my post carefully? Your answer has nothing to do with my issue.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm sorry. It appears that you are asking what to do about your allergy issue since this is the allergy board. Allergy meds and allergy injections would be the way to go.

And no, dry air is not necessarily better for asthmatics if their asthma is triggered by allergens. Other allergens are present in dry climates.

Are you on asthma meds?

Old 03-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
(male)

Querorz HB User

Ty madam. No, i am not using any medicine for allergies. I don't need to use anythig in Istanbul because i am completely fine. Yes, there might be some allergens in dry air but when my cat is not with me in my hometown i don't have any allergies. So, it doesn't make sense. What i am trying to figure out is that why i am having allergies in one city while not having it in another city.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Because the environment is different. Here in the US, if you have allergy testing in the southern US, the allergens they test for are different from the ones they test for in the western US because different flowers, plants, grasses, trees, etc grow in those areas. Additionally, the humidity will impact your allergies. Sinuses seem to unclog and run more in beach areas than desert or mountain ones. Also, the environment of the home is different from place to place. One may have more dust mites and other allergens due to differences in heat or air conditioning.

There are so many variables that it is hard to say. But allergy testing would be a start and then finding the appropriate antihistamine. Additionally, if you have asthma, then an up to date asthma action plan for both locations would be in order. You can find information about asthma action plans and a model one on the Asthma Board of this web site.

Hope this helps.

Closed Thread