It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

alisemolly HB User
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SEASONAL ALLERGIES??? help plz

I work a full time job and have no time to see a doctor right now so I need some helpful input if possible.
I live in arizona and this year seasonal allergies have been at an extreme uprise for people..
I have had 4 sinus infections and its only april!! :/

I have had a eustacial tube disfunction for about 2 months now and for some reason this years allergy symptoms have been so much different than normal..
I have been experiencing a tight throat off and on but very uncomfortable when it is happening, when tapping on the cheek bones painful, constant clenching of my teeth from what feels like teeth pain, somewhat of an itchy throat/tongue, off and on sneezing but nothing consistant, itchy skin for a few days and has no subsided, frequent headaches that usually comes with the teeth pain or jaw pain of you want to call it that.

I have had post nasal drip more than anything on a reqular basis which I have been told could be whats causing the dry throat and tight throat feeling.. some days its worse than others but in the morning it is the absolute worse.. and through the day seems to get better. I have some numbness in the area where my cheek bones are usually on the right side more than left where i feel pain when I tap on it. No pain above eyes.

If anyone has any idea what all this could mean or what steps I should take I would so much appreciate a response!!

THank you!!
Molly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
(male)

callaholic HB User
Re: DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SEASONAL ALLERGIES??? help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisemolly View Post
I work a full time job and have no time to see a doctor right now so I need some helpful input if possible.
I live in arizona and this year seasonal allergies have been at an extreme uprise for people..
I have had 4 sinus infections and its only april!! :/

I have had a eustacial tube disfunction for about 2 months now and for some reason this years allergy symptoms have been so much different than normal..
I have been experiencing a tight throat off and on but very uncomfortable when it is happening, when tapping on the cheek bones painful, constant clenching of my teeth from what feels like teeth pain, somewhat of an itchy throat/tongue, off and on sneezing but nothing consistant, itchy skin for a few days and has no subsided, frequent headaches that usually comes with the teeth pain or jaw pain of you want to call it that.

I have had post nasal drip more than anything on a reqular basis which I have been told could be whats causing the dry throat and tight throat feeling.. some days its worse than others but in the morning it is the absolute worse.. and through the day seems to get better. I have some numbness in the area where my cheek bones are usually on the right side more than left where i feel pain when I tap on it. No pain above eyes.

If anyone has any idea what all this could mean or what steps I should take I would so much appreciate a response!!

THank you!!
Molly

Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
(female)

alisemolly HB User

was there a reply to this because all I received was you quoting everything that I posted?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
(male)

callaholic HB User

Hi Molly ! Sorry to hear of your issues.I've been battling this for longer than I care to admit but I haven't had any infections for quite some time.The reason is nasal flushing or irrigation.some people use a neti pot,I use a device that looks like a water pik.i use pickling salt and warm water and do it daily.when i do feel an infection coming on,i circulate it out.I might flush 4-5 times in a day at that point.normally i do it 1-3 times per day.this has not kept me problem free but infection free.you mentioned pressure in your check.my experience that's normal/allergy sinus stuff when the weather is acting up.i use tiger balm or chinese whiteflower oil applied to the sinus passages and it at least alleviates the pain some.i haven't found to alleviate the PND ! I'm taking an enzyme now that reduces it some but its still there for sure ! I hope you get better real soon !! callaholic

Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
(female)

alisemolly HB User

Thank you for your reply!
I am not much having as much pressure and I only really feel pain when tapping on my cheek bones like the doctors do when looking for a sinus infection.

I dont feel as though I have an infection at all but my worry is that because I have had so many that it is not deep in my sinuses and thats why i am not feeling normal symptoms..
I dont really have congestion, but I have post nasal drip regularly, I dont really sneez much but i have pretty bad headaches right in front of my temples that make my teeth feel like there is pressure around them or that makes mefeel as if clenching will make them feel better..

I have had fluid in my ears for 2 months which is really the worst of everything... I just feel like a mess since january with all this sinus stuff. I will try a neti pot and also I am on a nose spray daily but dont often use anything over the counter since I dont usually feel congested in my nose or anything..

I just havnt had allergies since moving here in quite some time and now that Im having them all of my symptoms are so different than normal that its made me weary if this is even sinuses or something more serious

Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
(male)

callaholic HB User

sounds like we have some similar symptoms.I am looking into a treatment called AAT or Advanced Allergy Therapeutics.Getting desparate !

Old 04-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
(female)

alisemolly HB User

have you had any ct's of your sinuses yet?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
(male)

callaholic HB User
Cool Re: DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SEASONAL ALLERGIES??? help plz

Yes,I have had them several years ago.Showed I had lots of junk there and a deviated septum.I am currently attacking this with good nutrition,supplements and the nasal lavage I mentioned earlier.I may very well start the AAT treatments within the next few weeks.If I do and they don't proove successful I will return to an allergist.If that doesn't work,I will ask to be referred to an ENT that does balloon sinuplasty.Its a rather new procedure.I'm trying to do this naturally but I will head back to a doc if I must.Already tried shots,acccupuncture,yada,yada,etc...::

Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
(female)

alisemolly HB User

ya I am at my witts end.. and one of the most annoying symotoms that I have more recently had is a tight feeling in my throat and very dry mouth.. it was as if i am being constricted in my neck area... and that usually causes the teeth clenching and teeth discomfort as well

Old 04-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
(male)

callaholic HB User

it can be debillitating and very discouraging.We can't give up,though ! Its just a weird and sometimes exhausting condition ! If we don't give up,surely we can all beat the sinus monster ! Really hope you get better soon ! If I have any success with any remedy I will definitely post it on this forum !

Old 04-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
(female)

alisemolly HB User

Thank you!!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

this has been the worst allergy season yet and your not alone. I started in February with the tree pollen. I have already seen an allergist years ago. I thought I had the flu on Sunday and went to the doctors today and found out it was allergies. My doctor put me on Amoxcillion/clavomox to dry out my sinuses and it is working because my nose started to drain after I took the first pill.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
(female)

alisemolly HB User

Yes I know what u mean. Mine have been so different thus year
Mostly a tight feeling throat, fluid in my ears pain in my cheek bones and a slight cough. Post nasal drip is the worst but barely ant sneezing or obvious congestion which is weird.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
(female)

alisemolly HB User

Yes I know what u mean. Mine have been so different thus year
Mostly a tight feeling throat, fluid in my ears pain in my cheek bones and a slight cough. Post nasal drip is the worst but barely ant sneezing or obvious congestion which is weird.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Try an antihistamine like zyrtec or claritin and use a saline rinse. Those would be my first two suggestions.

Closed Thread

Tags
allergy, ear, rhinitis, sinus, throat