It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Allergies Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
(male)

Ventana HB User
Is thia allergies or worse?

I have had chronic post nasal drip that doesn't seem to go away. My ent said it was silent reflux (lpr) and the mucus and constantly clearing my throat was a defense of the acid but my allergist said it could be severe allergies since I tested positive for severe allergy to mold and mold is still high in Chicago and the air quality is bad and I live in an apartment that has mold. Could allergies be causing this though? Or is it most likely the lpr. Like I hate this that I constantly have to clear my throat nonstop. Makes me sad and it's a pain in the neck. No OTC allergy meds work and the perscription meds I'm on now don't seem to work to well if at all. Could I be stuck with my throat like this or could I just be having a bad day due to the air quality?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: Is thia allergies or worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventana View Post
I have had chronic post nasal drip that doesn't seem to go away. My ent said it was silent reflux (lpr) and the mucus and constantly clearing my throat was a defense of the acid but my allergist said it could be severe allergies since I tested positive for severe allergy to mold and mold is still high in Chicago and the air quality is bad and I live in an apartment that has mold. Could allergies be causing this though? Or is it most likely the lpr. Like I hate this that I constantly have to clear my throat nonstop. Makes me sad and it's a pain in the neck. No OTC allergy meds work and the perscription meds I'm on now don't seem to work to well if at all. Could I be stuck with my throat like this or could I just be having a bad day due to the air quality?
If it is reflux, go buy yourself some aloe vera pills or liquid and take some three times a day. Do not overdo, but, even if you do, it will not hurt you because aloe vera is a healing plant. I was on medication twice a day of reflux and it did nothing for me, so I tried the aloe vera. It was so successful that I tossed out any prescription med I was on. About allergies: I have horrible allergies and mold can make me miserable as can bad air quality, so I have a feeling, even though I am no doctor, that you have allergies. If they are really, really bad maybe your allergist will put you on injections, which I am on and they really do help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
(male)

Ventana HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by danabarb View Post
If it is reflux, go buy yourself some aloe vera pills or liquid and take some three times a day. Do not overdo, but, even if you do, it will not hurt you because aloe vera is a healing plant. I was on medication twice a day of reflux and it did nothing for me, so I tried the aloe vera. It was so successful that I tossed out any prescription med I was on. About allergies: I have horrible allergies and mold can make me miserable as can bad air quality, so I have a feeling, even though I am no doctor, that you have allergies. If they are really, really bad maybe your allergist will put you on injections, which I am on and they really do help.
If its allergies how come
None of my antihistamines are working? Like I'm on a perscription antihistamine now and I can't tell if its working and I'm on flonase. Sometimes if your exposed to too much of the allergen can these medicines not work? Cause this all of a sudden popped up over night and I have had it since June 1st. It was alot worse in June but then when the trees stopped blooming I was able to eat anything without gagging. Now I just hack up mucus that's it before I was gagging whenever I ate and vomiting now I'm not. I never had allergies and this year would be the first time I have them. But year. Could this be reflux? The doctor said only my throat was swollen moderately but isn't lpr the voice box or Larynx swollen?

Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
(male)

Ventana HB User
Quote:
And how long did it take for your Injections to start working?

Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you tried sinus flushing with saline? NeilMed is one that's easy to find. My sister does it every morning and evening and has no more problems with PND.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I really cannot tell you how long it takes for injections to work. Each person is different, but I saw a little relief right away. You have nothing to lose by getting them, if you need them, and everything to gain. Have an allergist test you and he will be able to tell you, if you need the injections. As far as just getting allergies, I came down with them in 1985 and never had a sign of them before that. However, they are in the family, but not like mine!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
(male)

Ventana HB User
Quote:
I really cannot tell you how long it takes for injections to work. Each person is different, but I saw a little relief right away. You have nothing to lose by getting them, if you need them, and everything to gain. Have an allergist test you and he will be able to tell you, if you need the injections. As far as just getting allergies, I came down with them in 1985 and never had a sign of them before that. However, they are in the family, but not like mine!
I honestly think its allergies of something in my apartment because today I woke up and had very very little mucus then went to my moms felt good was able to eat then came back home and bam was gagging and so much mucus. Happens all the time. I feel it like behind my nice alot too which sucks.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Is there new rug in your place or even an old one? Rugs are filthy underneath, generally speaking, and not only do they have dirt, but lots of mold.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
(male)

Ventana HB User
Quote:
Is there new rug in your place or even an old one? Rugs are filthy underneath, generally speaking, and not only do they have dirt, but lots of mold.
No it is an old kind of scummy apartment

Old 08-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

There has to be something in that apartment if you only feel it there and are fine when you go to your Mom's. Is there a leak in the pipes any place or are other people in the building having the same problem as you?

Old 08-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
(male)

Ventana HB User
Quote:
There has to be something in that apartment if you only feel it there and are fine when you go to your Mom's. Is there a leak in the pipes any place or are other people in the building having the same problem as you?
That much I don't know but my uncles wall has a huge leak in it and there was mold on the floor we got rid of. Like I'm outside in the 90 degree humidity heat in Chicago at a concert and I'm dieing. My drip is so bad. does what I have sound like allergies more then lpr? I don't have globus and my voice isn't changed at all. And it seems 10 times worse in hot weather

Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #12
(male)

Ventana HB User
Been feeling better last couple days

Old 09-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

Or you could have what I have non allergic rhinitis. Your sinuses act that way for no specific reason that you can find LOL. Could be humidity, could be dust, could be your laundry detergent perfume etc..

Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
(male)

Ventana HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rouge View Post
Or you could have what I have non allergic rhinitis. Your sinuses act that way for no specific reason that you can find LOL. Could be humidity, could be dust, could be your laundry detergent perfume etc..
How long does stuff like that last honestly? Like some days I virtually don't feel anything. Like right now my throat just feels sore not a sore throat but like a muscle soreness.

Reply Reply