It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2002, 12:29 PM   #1

SheilaBM HB User
Post too skinny ; no appetite ; loss of appetite

I am skinny with no appetite. Is there anything to help me gain weight or stimulate my appetite?

Old 03-22-2002, 03:29 PM   #2
Veteran

Kamden HB User
Can you give more information about yourself such as your age, any other symptoms you may have, what you normally eat and drink and your daily routine please? Being skinny can just be a persons own metabolism, thyroid problem, genetics, etc. If you give a little more information, I might be able to help you. Thankyou, Kamden

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2002, 03:37 PM   #3

SheilaBM HB User
I am 37 & in good health. I had a checkup & the doctor put me on Periactin to stimulate my appetite. My metabolism is high. The Periactin makes me too sleepy.

Old 03-23-2002, 08:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

That's interesting. That's a hard one to tell you what you could do. I'm glad that you have a doctor reviewing this for you, to make sure that you don't have any other health problems that could be causing that condition.

There are numerous herbs that reportedly are known as appetite stimulants. I don't know if these work and can't recommend them as I haven't tried them myself, but you could research it and see for yourself. I have used herbs successfully for other health reasons.

You could look at alfalfa, angelica root, chamomile, hops, and horseradish. Chamomile is also commonly used for colds, upset stomach, and menstrual cramps. Before using herbs, I would do a lot of research on it. You can find some mild herbs that are packaged in tea bags at a food market, if you wanted at first. Later, you can see if making your own herbal teas from bulk herbs is something that you might want to do too.

I think eating lots of healthy natural (non-processed) foods is best. I don't know if that would help your appetite, but eating correctly I think is important overall for our health.

Old 03-23-2002, 08:20 PM   #5

SheilaBM HB User
Smile

Thanks Rhody for the info on the herbs

Closed Thread