It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2002, 07:34 PM   #1
Inactive

triozoo HB User
Post blocked eustacian tubes

after starting with a bad head cold/sinus infection 6 wks ago..3 rounds of antibiotics/2 rounds of cortisone pills and a shot for ear/sinus/larynx infections and then thrush...im left with my left ear eustacian tube blocked..no decongestants are taking care of the problem..and i turned to my neighbor who i knew was into herbal stuff..she made me an oil to rub from my ear to under my jaw with olive oil base, chamomile, tea tree oil and something else..and ive been rubbing my tea tree oil "muscle rub" as well..it seems to work better..and taking ivy leaf cough syrup, which has worked better than any otc or rx decongestant...wondering 1? if i could put this oil my neighbor made me in my ear or even gargle with it to try and open that tube up from the mouth opening.. and if anyone has any other ideas how to unblock an eustacian tube..its driving me crazy...these herbal remedies seem to be working...as it is popping alot more and will occasionally open up when i lay with that ear down in the bed..which makes no sense to me as i figured if i lay on the other side with that ear up..gravity would help pull the stuff out..i dont know
any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
glad to have found these boards..newbie here
triozoo as in bb/g triplets 8-7-97

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2002, 08:51 PM   #2
Inactive

Nicole23 HB User
Red face

I don't think that you should put anything http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif in your ear. That's not a goood idea. As for orally, maybe? I too have eutsachian tube dysfunction, but without an infection. I have TMJ.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2002, 01:19 PM   #3

kristopher HB User
hey, we're practically neighbors. Eaharlee is not too far from Carrollton. Anyway, I've been suffering with the same problems ever since I moved to Carrollton 4 years ago. My left ear is getting so bad that I believe that i'm losing some hearing. What has been working for me is irrigating with saline water to clean the mucous out and maybe even help it drain off, and then irrigating with colloidal silver to fight any infection and its also good for mucous membranes. You can get the c/s at any herb store. For the saline...I use 2 parts pickling salt to 1 part of baking soda. You can get the saline in your sinuses by sniffing right out of your hand or a spoon...the best way that i found to get both of these solutions behind your ears is to lie back on the bed while doing it; that is, with your head hanging over the side. This way the solutions will drain back behind your ears. Anyway, just wanted to let you know what has been working for me..except for the hearing in my left ear. However, I have alleviated most of my dizzy symptoms. Those oils that your neighbor use are also probably helpful in breaking some of the mucous up. I have also found that Lobelia oil works good for that just by rubbing some behind my ears. Post back if you have any questions.

best of luck,
\
kris

Old 03-15-2002, 03:57 AM   #4
Inactive

triozoo HB User
thanks for the info folks...the tea tree oil and liniment unblocked my tube in 4 days...hows that for proof that alternative medicine works...since it been blocked for over 2 wks and traditional meds didn't touch it...im grateful..
trizoo

Old 03-15-2002, 11:22 AM   #5

kristopher HB User
That's what i'm talking about!!!! wooo!!!! hard evidence baby! I'm glad to hear you were successful with the tea tree oil. Did you actually put it in your ear? Please tell me the exact method for I need to completely unblock my tube.

Kris

Old 03-15-2002, 10:39 PM   #6

SNILVR HB User
HELLO TRIOZOO,
I HAD LOST OVER 65% OF MY HEARING WHEN I WAS IN 3RD GRADE DUE TO MY EUSTACHIAN TUBES NOT DRAINING PROPERLY, THE DR. HAD ME HOLD MY NOSE AND BLOW 100 TIMES 3 OR 4 TIMES A DAY TO HELP KEEP THE TUBES OPEN. AFTER EAR TUBES AND DOING THIS I HAVE GOTTEN MY HEARING BACK AND AM DOING GOOD! IF I FEEL LIKE I AM GETTING ANY BUILD UP IN MY TUBES I JUST START HOLDING MY NOSE AND BLOWING FOR THE COUNT OF 5 AND DO THAT 100 TIMES A COUPLE OF TIMES A DAY AND THAT TAKES CARE OF IT. HOPES THAT THIS HELPS! KRISTIN

Old 03-16-2002, 05:39 AM   #7
Inactive

triozoo HB User
thanks kristin..yea i did that too once the tea tree had my ears crackling trying to open and it helped too..christopher..i mainly used my tea tree liniment..like a muscle rub product..from under my ear to under my jaw...not directly in my ear..like 10 or more times a day...and used the oil preperatoin my neighbor made me just a few times a day (something in it..the chamomile maybe..smells real "earthy", almost moldy..and im so allergic to molds i swayed away from it) but just using that liniment and the ivy leaf cough syrup the first 3 days unblocked it...it really worked well for the congestion, but i really think it was the tea tree liniment that did the trick..ive had it here for years now..but did see same product at gnc and plan to go get more there as mine is almost gone now...i was very suprised that it only took 4 days...and elated..as i expected as with most herbal things that they work..just takes longer so 4 days..yahoo!!!
good luck to all with this going on..all i can say is give tea tree a try it worked for me..
triozoo

Old 03-24-2002, 03:47 AM   #8
(female)

Sister HB UserSister HB User
Question

Does anyone know anything about yeast infections in the ears? My dog has this problem. Maybe that's what's wrong with our ears? Also sinuses? Does anyone know anything about this?
Have you ever heard of dropping hydrogen peroxide and then vinegar in your ears? I was told to go to a naturopathic doctor since 28 years of antibiotics haven't solved my sinus (and now ear) problem. Any comments about all of this? Thank you - - Sister

Old 04-22-2002, 12:16 PM   #9

spiritl HB User
Smile

Try this...actifed. When my middle son continually had ear infections as a child, I was told to give him actifed. It dries up the fluid in the eustationa tubes. It worked. As soon as he started the sniffles, I would give him this medication and it stayed off many ear infections and plugged up ears.
Good luck
spiritl

Closed Thread