It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2002, 08:53 PM   #1
Veteran

Anonymity HB User
Question Chinese Herbal Cures For Acne?? PLEASE HELP!!

Hi all! I was prescribed minocycline for acne and have been taking it for about a month, but I have recently learned more about taking long term antibiotics and no longer wish to take it. It really cleared me up, though, and I don't want to break back out! I'm getting married in May, and I'd really like to be clear by then!!

I read some of Dr. Weil's information on acne, and noticed that he wrote, "Some very good Chinese herbal treatments for acne are available, both topical preparations and pills." I would like information on these treatments, especially the pills, and where I can buy them.

Please help me out!!! I am desperate to be clear and to be off of these antibiotics, which are causing me problems already!!

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!!

Old 12-12-2002, 10:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

When I was younger, this is what I did to rid myself of acne. I would wash the skin with soap, and at the same time rinse the soapy water off. The combination of actions seemed to ultra-clean the skin, which for me helped at the time.

It wasn't necessary to scrub the skin; just some gentle washing in that manner. I found also drinking more water helped too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2002, 02:42 AM   #3
Super Sarah

Talking

Chinese herbs are very good for helping acne. However, do not just go out and buy them for yourself, as these herbs are meant to be used in combination and if not a lot of them can be toxic. Also, herbs are meant to be prescribed on a Chinese Medicine Syndrome basis, rather than just the symptoms and take the whole person into account. There maybe two people who go with exactly the same symptoms of acne, but may come away with a totally different herbal prescription. This is on an individual basis.

I would strongly suggest that if you want to rid yourself of your acne with herbs, that you go and see a fully qualified Chinese Herbalist who will diagnose you properly, so that you then get the correct herbal prescription for you.

Chinese herbs should not be messed with unless you know what you are doing.

Old 12-13-2002, 02:26 PM   #4

crcaz HB User
Since your acne cleared up after taking antibiotics your acne may have been caused by candida. Candida feeds on sugars(not to forget fruit sugar), especially. I would clean up your diet: minimize simple carbs, read meat, dairy, saturated fat increase complex carbs, fiber(~35 grms). Perspiration and water will help flush toxins out of your body. Since you have been taking antibiotics, I would take a quality probiotic like pb-8 to restore your friendly bacteria. Some yogurts are okay, but not the sugar flavored ones. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread