It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2003, 01:55 AM   #1

blondi HB User
Question are their any side affects or dangers in using Oregano Oil

i want to start taking Oregano Oil and first i want to know of the side affects and dangers, and at what strengths do i take it. I also need to know where to purchase the real Oregano Oil, online and off.

I want to use it as an internal antibiotic..... at what strengths do i take it, how do i take it and how much do i take

I think i may have some kind of infection, parasite or veneral disease went to the city health doctor got tested, and they say i have no hepatitis, clamydia, VD, HIV or other infections (i asked to be tested for everything), but my discharge has changed, at one time it was leaking like water but that stopped. it is smelly, it hurts when i have sex and it stinks when i have sex. and my stomach growls and boils all the time, and it is getting very painful. My stomach feels like it is in knots I have stopped having sex for the time being, am with one person he says he is fine, but i hear his stomach making the same noises and he has complained about stomach pains, and there is ocassional diarrhea

[This message has been edited by blondi (edited 02-22-2003).]

Old 02-20-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Blondi, Oil of Oregano has the same contraindication as the oil of Rosemary in that it's one of the essential oils that can trigger seizures in people who are prone to the condition.
I would not venture to give a dose here as the dosing of an essential oil is not only dependant on the person and the condition but it is dosed with respect to the strength of the oil.
However, you might find a compounding pharmacist helpful or if your State allows, there are some places where a pharmacist can write certain types of prescriptions. Talk to a pharmacist for guidence.
From the sounds of your symptoms it really seems like you need to have a second opinion.
If you don't get some answers and medication to help you out of distress find another Doctor.
Female problems left unattended simply grow to become bigger problems later on.
Possibly an Internal Medicine Doctor could help you sort through the very complicated symptoms.
Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2003, 10:01 PM   #3

crcaz HB User
Sounds like u have a yeast infection, caprylic acid and garlic are some of my favorite natural antibiotics. I would also include pau'd'arco and a probiotic like Pb-8 or Kyodophilus.

I also like products by Garden of Life, especially Primal Defense (expensive but cheap if u buy online).

Avoid (or atleast significantly minimize) sugars, carbs w/ high Glycimic Index, alcohol (especially beer), yeast containing foods, dairy products, citrus. HTH

Oh, I would start off slow, symptoms might get worse because of candida die-off.

[This message has been edited by crcaz (edited 02-21-2003).]

Old 02-21-2003, 12:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
quote>>>Oh, I would start off slow, symptoms might get worse because of candida die-off.<<<

That would be my thought too with the intensity of the symptoms.
All I can say about that is that water as ones primary liquid will sure help flush out the bad stuff and using body scrubs to keep the pores open will help the skin be more efficient in toxin release.
However a candida die off can be rough so just take it easy as mentioned before.
Kat

Old 02-24-2003, 02:06 AM   #5
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Your docs ruled out those certain conditions, but what did they say you DID have? I think it's important to know what you're treating before you treat it, since for example, viral infections are not bacterial infections are not parasitic infections, so it's good to know what you're up against.

------------------
Life isn't what happens to you -- it's how you react to it!

Thoughts don't make us who we are -- Actions do.

Old 02-24-2003, 07:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kat721 HB User
Very good point on disease identification.
That is so often a problem when we begin to try to figure out what is ailing us.
The Oil of Oregano would fall into that multi purpose category (anti bacterial* anti viral* anti fungal) similarly to Tea Tree or Lavender or Rosemary or many many of the medicinal herbs and essential oils.
However, I don't advocate the use of Oil of Orgegano or Rosemary for such a problem as described.
Both those oils carry to much liability in their essential form.
I advocate getting a second or even a third medical opinion and if it gets bad enough to go to the Emergency Room. Obviously, the conditiosns described here would not fit anyones description of healthy and everything does sound like it is in a rather inflamed and irritated condition.
kat

Closed Thread