It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2003, 03:48 PM   #1

rachelh69 HB User
Post supplements for fast heart rate

The medicine I take for tachycardia{fast heart rate} works quite well except in the morning when I get the racing heart. It's nowhere near as bad as before but it's still there.
Recently my DR increased the dosage but the higher dosage isn't helping the morning palps so the only thing the DR can do is increase the dosage again. Because it's a beta blocker it lowers blood pressure too which thankfully it doesn't keep it excessively low for a long period of time. BUt right after the last increase my BP dropped to 84/52 and 88/52 and I was wore out.
I've been reading about coq10 and read on another board about how some people took it and it helped slow their heart rate but my DR said no and as with most DR's it's no to alternative therapies. BUt he's not the one living with tachycardia that can't completely be controlled.
THe medicine has really helped alot. My sleeping heart rate was 160, 170 so I'm grateful that the medicine has worked as well as it has and I get no side effects except when I first increase the dosage.
Mainly the heart rate is high when I first start waking up. Is it something I should be worrying about? All the tests showed that my heart is healthy.
Also I read that beta blockers deplete coq10.
Has anyone tried any supplements or other alternatives that helped with fast heart rate?

Old 04-11-2003, 03:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I think you really need to try and discover the cause of your tachycardia in the first place and it is only by trying to find that cause that you will find the cure. You do not just get tachycardia for no reason, so there must be a cause. Did you have hypertension before the tachycardia or not?

Unfortunately, your doc is just treating your symptoms, so I would suggest that you try either acupuncture or homeopathy and see what these do for you. Acupuncture may be better in this instance.

Lots of docs frown about the alternatives, but it is a fact that they do work and could really help you, so I would say go for it. You have nothing to lose at all and they could only help you to feel better. Most alternative therapist also have more time for you, whereas an MD's time is limited.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2003, 09:33 AM   #3

rachelh69 HB User
Thanks for the reply.
I have never had high blood pressure. In fact it's always been on the low side.
I pretty much know what set this whole thing off but now the anxiety from that is gone. PLus I was under alot of stress and not sleeping alot and I know that didn't help and probably help to set it off. But I'm sleeping, eating better and exercising every day now.
The other thing is often I get these wild dreams which I think probably help to set it off but I'm not sure because some mornings I wake up with it and I'm not dreaming so I don't know.
I've been reading about acupuncture, supplements and any other alternative that might help because I want to get this under control and I don't have the money to go from DR to DR and no health insurance.

Old 04-11-2003, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Something like this would respond very to homeopathy as well as acupuncture.

You need to go find a good classical homeopath to help you out. Look in the phone book to see if you have one near you. Either that or try to find an ND that practices homeopathy. If you have one near to you, they normally practice homeopathy, herbal medicine and acupuncture.

Good luck.

Old 04-16-2003, 06:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
I have used a homeopathic remedy for fast heart rate--- Aconitium Nap. 30X.
It works!!!

You probably already know this but a beta blocker is used to decrease your B/P by lowering your normal heart rate and dilating your blood vessels---the big problem is you may not need your B/P lowered--- all you want is your heart rate lowered.

I have found regular medicine has not found a way to do this without alot of side-effects--- like Big time fatigue and not a quality life!!

Aconitum will do it in 15 minutes --w/o any side-- effects. It works for me and you can buy it at most health food stores.

God Bless---Harry

Closed Thread