It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 02:02 AM   #1

sharbearmom HB User
Question Can Noni juice be a cure for thyroid problem???

I have been on Levothyroxine for about 5 months now. I just developed my hypothyroid problem shortly after having my 5th child. (I have other problems as well: sleeping problems, minor hair loss, brittle nails, achy muscles at times, and fatigue).I hate the thought of being on thyroid medication the rest of my life. They say my level is normal now as long as I stay on my med. Now, for Noni juice. I've recently read about some testimonies how some people who had thyroid problems were cured with Noni juice and do not take meds anymore. Actually, it's supposed to be good for a number of things, not just thyroid. Maybe it will help my sleeping problems, etc. I think I'm going to start taking Noni juice, but don't know if I should go ahead and just let the Noni juice do it's thing and stop my meds..see how it works. If I continue on my meds when taking the Noni, then I wonder how it will affect my levels. Will it get my levels off balance to the point where then I will know I can stop my meds or maybe I should stay on the meds at first then after taking the Noni for a while then stop the meds and see if the Noni juice by itself will control my thyroid level.Has anyone had any experience with Noni juice and thyroid?????? Please help.

Old 10-02-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Talking

If the brand of Noni does help your hypothyroid, you will be taking it the rest of your life. When you stop taking it, you loose all gains.

With 5 kids, sounds like high stress levels.

You could sprinkle kelp on your meals. Kelp has cleansing and throid stimulating activity. It will also help the hair and nails. Valerian will help sleeping problems. Don't stop taking your med's untill your doctor tells you, you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow

My family has used Noni and before I bought --several cases--- I read everybook and article I could find. I found that the testimonies put out by the companies that sell it are worthless.
WE could not determine where it did anything and not come close to producing results in anything the companies claims.

It's sold by multi-level marketers. Some of these marketers have tried to post their ads on these boards but as you know they diappeared since ads are not allowed according to the rules.

Old 10-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #4
(female)

littlelulu1937 HB User
Don't know about anybody else, but I make it my personal policy to be particularly wary of any potion that promises to cure both "cancer" & "blemishes".

Old 10-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #5

ramsemonius HB User
I cant rememeber that last time that I heard about someone acheiving better health in the long term by virtue of taking Rx Meds for thyroid. I'm very skeptical. I think the docs prescribe them to try and get you out of their office, becuase they don't have the wherewithall or time to fully examine everything about you to figure out what the cause of the problem is. I would drop all meds, do a good herbal cleansing and start taking a few kelp capsules every day and also incorporate virgin coconut oil in your diet. I heard there are certain yoga positions that can influence the thyroid as well. Best of luck to you.

Ramsemonius

Old 12-04-2003, 06:12 AM   #6
(female)

herzel HB User
Re: Can Noni juice be a cure for thyroid problem???

What is Noni juice or just Noni? I have been hearing about it lately but I do know it is expensive but does it really work? My husband has severe back pain and he is going in for surgery in Jan. and someone suggested he try it (I think it was Noni juice). If it works that good wouldn't everyone be drinking it and being cured? Sometimes these things go around for a while and people swear by them and then they die off and start swearing about something better. If it really works why doesn't Dr.'s tell you about it? I am all for alternative medicine but I have been there trying something that is new out and think it works so great but it seems I just seem to stop them because I just don't see results anymore. Thanks for your replies.

Old 12-04-2003, 07:17 AM   #7
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Re: Can Noni juice be a cure for thyroid problem???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsemonius
I cant rememeber that last time that I heard about someone acheiving better health in the long term by virtue of taking Rx Meds for thyroid. I'm very skeptical. I think the docs prescribe them to try and get you out of their office, becuase they don't have the wherewithall or time to fully examine everything about you to figure out what the cause of the problem is. I would drop all meds, do a good herbal cleansing and start taking a few kelp capsules every day and also incorporate virgin coconut oil in your diet. I heard there are certain yoga positions that can influence the thyroid as well. Best of luck to you.

Ramsemonius
Actually Ramsemonius, even natureopathic doctors say that the best course of treatment for underactive thyroid disorders is Armour Thyroid which is a natural thyroid med that has been around for over 100 years. That is as good as it gets. Unfortunately there aren't too many options for thyroid disease sufferers. Trying to fugure out why you have the problem is not going to help any, there could be so many different reasons, it could be from abundant x-rays, nuclear fallout (Chernobyl),a selenium deficiency, vitamin or mineral deficiencies, it is too hard to pinpoint and futile. I agree that with most medical conditions the root of the problem must be examined and treated (hopefully without drugs) that it is the approach that I most believe in, but in the case of the thyroid it is a different animal. I know because I am hypothyroid, I have looked into many avenues to treat it, but there are few options for us. All we can do is to treat ourselves better thru a proper diet without any chemical additives, basically a whole food diet approach. We also have to supplement ourselves to help improve
our overall health so that we don't add additional health problems to the list.I also do agree that most doctors do give you a script to get rid of you and because it is the fast and easy solution.

Please don't listen to the above post about dropping all meds, you could do more harm than good. It is an excellent idea to try supplementation (selenium, vitamin e, grapeseed, coenzyme q10,magnesium, zinc and vit c,,vit a, vit b1-12,vit d),and calcium.There is a new supplement by liquid health that is an ultra antioxidant that contains vit e, selenium,grapeseed,vitamin c, coenzyme q10, and a couple of other ingredients that are escaping me right now, it is soy-free which is excellent. I also take thier Liquid Health multi-vitamin which is made from whole food (seaweed vegetation) I wish that people who didn't fully understand the ramifications of a disease, its progression, and the health repercussions would think twice about posting something that could potentially harm another being.

Closed Thread