It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #1

angelflies HB User
ear candle and neti pot???

Hi I got some info from some of my cutomers today ( I work at the vitamin shoppe) One came in looking to something called Ear Candle, has anyone heard of this and tried it? DOes it really work like they say? I tried it today but didnt realize till it was to late I should have had more. Anyway I tried it with what I had. Dont know if it helped or not yet. Also someone told me about a neti pot to flush out sinuses. See I have had a sinus infection since Oct. Yes I have been to Dr. nothing has helped and now with no insureance cant go back till I get new. So I will try anything to help this out. I was able to breath after doing the neti thing but now clogged again I guess I should do it again. But how much is to much? Anyways you can look up both on the web for info, If you want to try it. I know I am I want this GONE. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of it or tired it and see what thier results were. Thanks

Last edited by angelflies; 04-30-2004 at 09:48 PM.

Old 05-03-2004, 03:26 AM   #2

AussieSpirit HB User
Re: ear candle and neti pot???

I've tried Ear Candles and I thought they were pretty good! I could hear a bit better after they got the wax out of my ears, I would definitely buy more.... they're becoming more popular.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2004, 07:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

maybe the placebo effect comes in but there is no scientific evaluation on whether this works or not, it didn't for me and the homeopathic dr said that with any drug or herb what works for some may not work for others so try it anyway, can't hurt.

Old 05-13-2004, 09:06 AM   #4

angelflies HB User

Yeah the ear candle did not work for me of coarse I dont think I did it right though. it says 2 to 4 per ear and I only had one for each so I dont know. I was told by a friend that the ones we all know are the wrong ones I dont know. I am now thinking of going to an acupunctureist they do it too. I will let you all know

Old 05-13-2004, 02:31 PM   #5
Veteran

mjmaciver HB User

Ear Candling worked great for me, but I didn't buy a kit or anything, a friend of mine knows how to do it, she just makes her own beezwax candles and does it. we pulled a tablespoon of stuff out of each ear!!! gross, but cool at the same time. Most of it was actually from my sinuses and I could tell because I felt...."lighter". If that makes sense.

well Talk to ya later

Old 05-13-2004, 10:03 PM   #6

angelflies HB User

yeah well I wish to god it helped me my sinuses give me fits let me tell you. I might try it again sometimes. To bad I dont have a friend who knows how to make them lol

Closed Thread