It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
(female)

sunny3 HB User
Anyone able to suggest Herb to balance menopasue hormones?

Greeting to you all,

I've been trying various means to get my burning feet to cease...this symptoms started as I entered menopause. After so many trials and errors, I found an integrative MD who has me using herbs to thin my bile and move the bile more efficiently thru my liver. He figured it could only improve my overall health. The herbal extract ( a combination of many things) helped to reduce my hypertension. YIPEE!!!!

So I learned that I seem to respond to right herbal meds. I tried acupuncture and homeopathy and I did not have any benefit. Does anyone know what herb may help to balance the relationship between progesterone and estrogen? I am getting so tired of unrelenting burning toes and anxiety, which has a life of its own. I am certain it is tied in with my hormonal imbalance.

Thanks to anyone who has tried an herbal preparation for meno and has knowledge to share.

Good to hear from you, ~ and Cyberhugs,
Sunny

Last edited by sunny3; 09-02-2004 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 06:51 AM   #2

johnx HB User
Re: Anyone able to suggest Herb to balance menopasue hormones?

There are a lot of menopause formulas out there. Black Cohosh (NOT GREEN!) comes to mind, too. As far as balanced hormones, my wife (38) has benefitted from evening primrose oil to help regulate her hormones. I believe she is estrogen dominant, so the EPO helps (so they say) increase the available progesterone, thereby balancing the estrogen-progesterone ratio. I can only say that her estrogen dominance symptoms are all but gone now. Yipee!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 08:09 AM   #3
(female)

sunny3 HB User

Thanks, John, so happy to hear your wife is doing so much better. I have tried those suggestions and they do not seem to hold the magic for me, unfortunately. I was hoping to hear from someon who may have seen a naturopath/herbalist and knew of something that I haven't yet tried. ANyone else with other ideas/ thoughts?

It was so kind of you to answer, John. I am encouraged that your wife found something that works for her.

Enjoy the week ahead,
Sunny

Old 08-05-2004, 06:56 PM   #4
(female)

otherworldly HB User

Vitex!! Also known as Chasteberry

Old 08-06-2004, 01:24 PM   #5
(female)

sunny3 HB User

Thanks, I had used Vitex earlier on and it helped. I seem to be beyond it's ability to help for right now. I have just switched to a more organic diet and I am hoping that my nutritional improvement may help to balance things our naturally.
Good to hear from you. Thanks!
Sunny

Old 08-27-2004, 08:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Talking Re: Anyone able to suggest Herb to balance menopasue hormones?

After trying to come off hormones using various herbs that failed me I finally found a capsule that has ridden me of all hot flashes:
GNC'S PHYTO-ESTROGEN . You take 2 daily and it's amazing. One ingredient that is sort of unique to this formula is red clover.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
Veteran

armadillo pie HB User

I get accupunture weekly ( at a college so I only pay $25.00 a session) and also the accupunturists has me on Chinese Herbs which have really lifted a lot of the pero-menopause symptoms. You may want to check it out.
Also check out salvia testing- which some believe more accurate then blood testing to see where you hormones are at. Bio-identical hormones which are natural are another option- more doctors are now getting into it.

Old 09-02-2004, 03:49 PM   #8

Nanron HB User

Sunny,

I am very new to message boards. Forgive any lack of protocol knowledge. I will ask some knowledgable friends about menopause balance. I have no answers but rather a question - What herbs helped your hypertension? Was it grape seed by any chance. (Just found out I have hyptertensoin and am looking for natural remedies)

Thanks
Nanron

Last edited by Nanron; 09-02-2004 at 03:50 PM. Reason: sense

Old 09-10-2004, 05:42 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

I am for the 1st time venturing out on my own to help aleviate the horrible symtoms and changes I've been going through for my hormonal imbalance. So many woman are going through the same thing and I"m writting down all the helpful suggestions. I see there are alot of things out on the market but I'm very leary of just trying anything.
especially since these products aren't FDA approved and don't have to be.
I personally am trying a product called "Pregnenolone and liquid calcium w/Boron for the prevention of muscle cramps plus it prevents bone loss due to osteoporosis.
the pregnenolone is in tincture also and I take 4 drops of it 3x's a day after my meals. I also have capsules that come with this package and it has a blend of over 47 micronutrients which nutritionally support a more functioning female reproductive system. the pregnenolone is a hormone produced naturally by the body that peaks during youth and b egins to decline with age. Research indicates that Pregnenolone is ahormonal precursor.
I just told my gyno I was taking this and she said shes heard of pregnenolone.
She told me I am looking much healthier since our last visit which was back in the winter time. I've put a few pounds back on and even my breasts are getting back to the normal healthy image they once were. I was losing everywhere.
I was looking like all bones and my hair was thinning out and falling out. I don't have that problem any more being on these supplements.
I don't feel as exhausted either and I'm not on a roller coaster of up and down emotions. I was turning into a basket case. I'd cry over the least little thing and I couldn't even watch a hallmark commercial on tv. without shedding a tear.
My kids and boyfreind would scratch their heads staring at me when I went into a melt down for no reason.
My periods were turning heavier and I was having longer bleeding time. the cramps were horrible.
So now I am living testimony to this womans package.I've been taking these for about 4 months now. I didn't feel any improvement at first and was starting to dought this product, but my partner told me to give it some time( this is his field, the holistic field)
and he takes supplements for years now, way before I started having a relationship with him.
So I listened, which is not usual for me. I am the type of person who doesn't like to take any form of medication if necessary, I never remember to take my medicine anyway. I guess I have a streak of rebellion in me for some unknown reason.
and whammy! I'm better now. I still can't believe It worked. As I stated, I'm a very leary person and think the testimonies that are put on t.v.s are all a bunch of hog wash to just get people to buy their products. But I'm living proof and If I can be of some help to any woman who is going through the same thing, I'm going to give them my testimony on my immproved health.
Sincerely,
Linda

Closed Thread