It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Alternative Medicine Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
Inactive

naanee HB User
Post Arthritis

Can any one have any idea Natural way to help Arthritis pain. Please let me know soon. My girl she is only 12 year old & she got that problume. her knees, arms & fingures hurt really bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
(male)

Bob2 HB User
Re: Arthritis

She is right at the point when she can start to take things not for kids. Even so you should be careful what you do. something you could try is herbs that have anti inflammatory actions. Ginger is a very mild anti inflammatory herb. It is easy to obtain from drug stores or vitamin stores. With any of these you should actually go to an herb store with a resident herbalist. More expensive but you want to be careful with your dauther. If that doesn't work, you can try turmeric standardized to 95 per cent curcumin(very important for this to be standardized). It is somewhat expensive, also. Next, you can try bromelain. It needs to be a standardized type also (not sure what the ingredient is that it should be standardized to). A herbalist can help you. It is even more expensive than turmeric. A cheaper product that you could try is feverfew. It does not work immediately, taking at least several weeks to become effective. It has side effects with some people, such as rash and dry skin. It makes blood thinners more powerful also.

I recommend highly that you find a store than sells herbs that has a herbalist. The products in these stores tend to be higher priced. You could consult the herbalist and buy his recommendation once and find a less expensive place for futre purchases.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2004, 02:59 PM   #3
Inactive

naanee HB User

Thanks for reply. i am going to try to found a good herbalist & be carefull of all the herbs.

Old 11-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #4
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

You didn't say whether arthritis runs in your family, or what kind. If rheumatoid arthritis runs in your family, she may have it, and that's waayyy beyond my knowledge, what little I have.

I had arthritis when I was twelve - I guess it was "growing pains" because it went away and didn't come back. I just suffered through it (it was when I was outside in the cold, not inside).

I've heard that glucosamine, chondroitin and Ester-C supplements can help tremendously with arthritis inflammation and pain. Fish oil supplements can reduce inflammation. You can get them in supermarkets and health food stores (I'd recommend a health store though) and they're far more affordable than those awful pharmaceutical drugs.

There's also something called an "anti-inflammatory diet" which is very strict. If she can follow the diet, she's one self-disciplined 12-year-old. Maybe she could do part of it. You can find it online by googling "anti-inflammatory diet". Good luck!

Last edited by kerry1; 11-27-2004 at 02:17 PM.

Old 12-06-2004, 12:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry1
I've heard that glucosamine, chondroitin and Ester-C supplements can help tremendously with arthritis inflammation and pain. Fish oil supplements can reduce inflammation. You can get them in supermarkets and health food stores (I'd recommend a health store though) and they're far more affordable than those awful pharmaceutical drugs.
Just a word of warning about Glucosamin & Condroitin -- the can cause blood sugar to increase. Just read an article about it causing diabetes in dogs and our was diagnosed with diabetes when he was 8 years old -- vet had him on C&G for joint pain and arthritis. Was telling a coworker about this and she said her brother had been taking C&G for arthritis and he now has diabetes. And as far as fish oil, make sure you get the stuff that is phrmaceutical grade or distilled 'cuz they could have mercury in them.

Closed Thread